Who has a problem with volzing?

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

gpc3
PV Wannabe

Unread postby gpc3 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:44 pm

They do, if the wind pushes the pole into it!
You can never clear a bar you never attempt.

Vaulterchick88
PV Pro

Unread postby Vaulterchick88 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:48 pm

gpc3 wrote:They do, if the wind pushes the pole into it!

that's not what i was talking about and you know it! :)
"Life is not measured by the number of breath you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"
- Anonymous

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:50 pm

Vaulterchick88 wrote:They made it a rule for a reason, because the point of vaulting is for you to be able to get OVER a certain height, not to knock it off but put it back on. If they let people volz then they might as well let it count when someone's pole knocks the bar over too.

Exactly what I say!

Here is the man that started it all

[img]c:/mydocuments/vaultin/images.jpg[/img]
hmmmm

Vaulterchick88
PV Pro

Unread postby Vaulterchick88 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:07 pm

wayupthere wrote:
Vaulterchick88 wrote:They made it a rule for a reason, because the point of vaulting is for you to be able to get OVER a certain height, not to knock it off but put it back on. If they let people volz then they might as well let it count when someone's pole knocks the bar over too.

Exactly what I say!

thank you!
"Life is not measured by the number of breath you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away"

- Anonymous

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:13 pm

Vaulterchick88 wrote:
wayupthere wrote:

Exactly what I say!

thank you!

sorry postin the pic didnt work but hers the link to see it if it doesnt work again

http://groups.msn.com/danedizzleandthef ... hotoID=578
hmmmm

Vaulterchick88
PV Pro

Unread postby Vaulterchick88 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:42 pm

Ahah! so, umm how did he start it all?

- Anonymous

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:53 pm

Vaulterchick88 wrote:Ahah! so, umm how did he start it all?

I dont know... he just did it I guess. The idea just might have came to him and he tried it and masterd it. Sometimes he would push the bar down as he was goin over and hold it there as long as he could.
hmmmm

Vaulterchick88
PV Pro

Unread postby Vaulterchick88 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:01 pm

weirdness, why that's just stupid it defites the purpose of vaulting

- Anonymous

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:13 pm

Vaulterchick88 wrote:weirdness, why that's just stupid it defites the purpose of vaulting

ya it is pretty dumb :no: but he got away with it back then. at least its not something incredibly easy. he lives right here in town and has two kids one is going to be in 8th grade and one is 10. Although the 8th grader is HIGH JUMPING. Although Volz could high jump 6-7 I know hell have a pole in one of those kid's hands. Hopefully it wont be the older one cuz ill be a senior when hes a soph. The Fox-Volz rivalry will continue 25 yrs later. haha!
hmmmm

Vaulterchick88
PV Pro

Unread postby Vaulterchick88 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:22 pm

25 yrs later?

- Anonymous

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:30 pm

Vaulterchick88 wrote:25 yrs later?

My dad never really liked Volz because he broke all the records he set at his high school and at IU. First meet of Volz's college career he comes out breaks the IU record my dad had broke two yrs before. They never compted against eachother because he was 4 grades younger but my dad always mentioned the things he could do that Volz couldnt do like doing a one handed pull up. Volz was an incredible jumper no doubt i know he jumped some of the lower 18's not volzing it. Hope to be just as good as my dad and volz someday
hmmmm

Vaulterchick88
PV Pro

Unread postby Vaulterchick88 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:35 pm

wayupthere wrote:
Vaulterchick88 wrote:25 yrs later?

My dad never really liked Volz because he broke all the records he set at his high school and at IU. First meet of Volz's college career he comes out breaks the IU record my dad had broke two yrs before. They never compted against eachother because he was 4 grades younger but my dad always mentioned the things he could do that Volz couldnt do like doing a one handed pull up. Volz was an incredible jumper no doubt i know he jumped some of the lower 18's not volzing it. Hope to be just as good as my dad and volz someday

that's really cool, ya know that you can carry on the tradtion and everything. hey i was talking to you online last night wasn't i?

- Anonymous

Return to “Pole Vault - General”