Thanks to Sean Brown, Bubba and Daniel. . .

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

Beam
PV Nerd

Thanks to Sean Brown, Bubba and Daniel. . .

Unread postby Beam » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:10 pm

This is just a thread of thanks to Sean, Bubba, and Daniel for their efforts and sacrifices in making quality videos for pole vaulting. I think many of us have known for a long long time that videos that pole vaulting people have made in the past don't represent what we are today as pole vaulters (or were in my case). I gave a "sneak preview" in my English class today of Bubba and Daniel's video just to share a bit about my past with my students. I sat back at my desk and quietly watched and listened as my students gave their comments of respect, outburst of excitement, and spurts of genuine laughter. It was so rewarding for me to see their smiles and to answer their questions about the event that shaped my life. I teach 8th grade Language Arts and many of the kids here in California are at a disadvantage in pole vaulting because we can't start until we are Freshman in high school. So many of my kids just want to try it. . .just to see what the feeling is like. They question me about broken poles, about Toby's helmet, about whether or not pole vauling is meant for girls. . .so many wonderful things came out of a small dose of the video. So, thanks for the videos. If you haven't bought any videos, you need to. If you have, then you need to buy more and pass them on to your friends or just be generous. Here's an idea. . .buy 3 videos like I did and keep one for yourself, another copy for your girlfriend or boyfriend, and the third for a head coach somewhere that needs to learn about the characters in pole vaulting. I walked straight up to the track coach at our Jr. High today and handed him a video because I love the event so much. He's a true spirit to track and field and will show the video at least once every year in his P.E. class. Think of how many children that will inspire! There are going to be so many little inspired Beams out there, you won't know what to do. Muahahahahah. If you feel guilty about buying the same video three times, buy both of Sean's and then Bubba and Daniel's. Perfect.
"If you don't want to be
a deadbeat like me,
I won't blame you." Owen

bjvando
PV Master
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, former college coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Re: Thanks to Sean Brown, Bubba and Daniel. . .

Unread postby bjvando » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:21 pm

Beam wrote: There are going to be so many little inspired Beams out there, you won't know what to do. Muahahahahah.

if the vault community turns into a bunch of 'beams' i'm out!!! hahah :P

but honestly, Beam is hit it right on the nose here. We have to give props to those guys making the videos becasue we love the videos, it does a TON for our sport, and did i mention we love the vdieos? :D

keep it up y'all!
Head Coach- Victory Athletics (http://www.victoryathleticspv.com)

StanVaultCoach
PV Wannabe

Unread postby StanVaultCoach » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:08 am

Hey Beam-

Did you show your class any videos of you jumpin in the pink ballerina outfit?

Maybe I will hook Sean up with some clips for his next video.

Beam
PV Nerd

Unread postby Beam » Thu May 05, 2005 10:18 pm

LOL
Wrong Jeff. . . But I know what you mean. They want to see video of me jumping desperately. Please please don't get video from Sean. . . he's got some coverage of me in my. . . well, just not my best years. I do wish though that I was the Jeff valient and secure enough to jump in a pink tutu.
Seriously, anyone that wants to be inspired to live life the best you can, get the Bubba/Ryland video. . . the Grandpa Bell part will leave you in tears. Beam
"If you don't want to be

a deadbeat like me,

I won't blame you." Owen

highflyingchick
PV Newbie

Unread postby highflyingchick » Tue May 31, 2005 12:08 am

I've watched and re-watched A Pole Vaulter's Dream and let me tell you Bubba, and Daniel have done an amazing job. I'm only a freshman, soon to be a sophmore but over the many times I have watched this it really inspired me to jump 11'0. My PR before that was 10'9 with the help of Daniel Ryland coaching me in Joshua. But I couldn't have accomplished jumped that without my long time coach Kris Allison or that awsome movie that they made. THANX So much!!!

Return to “Pole Vault - General”