Vault Nicknames?

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

batvaulter
PV Fan

Unread postby batvaulter » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:09 pm

my nickname is batman because i have a bat tatooed on my leg

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:12 pm

batvaulter wrote:my nickname is batman because i have a bat tatooed on my leg

He really does! :eek:

Good job at our camp Adam. See you soon!
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:16 pm

Jeff Hartwig gave one of our newest vaulters a nickname this weekend... "Chilly Roll". He tends to roll over the bar, back first, but the "Chilly" part, I'm not sure where Jeff got that one. LOL
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

nolevault
PV Fan

Unread postby nolevault » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:21 am

I have a vaulter who's last name is Johnson. I crack up everytime they call " johnson up" or "johnson in the hole". I probably ought to grow up, naw.
The greatest gift I ever received was the look on a young vaulters' face after setting a PR!

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:42 am

When I was in high school there were two girl high jumper on my team whos'a last names were Beaver and Bushman so insert your own HS age joke; when they were saying so and so up, bushman on deck, and Beaver in the hole. Sometime the workers and parents coudn't keep it together.
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

FlyinDaisy35
PV Newbie

Unread postby FlyinDaisy35 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:52 pm

I've got a few nicknames. Since my older sister is on the team also and we always get confused as to which Polk they are talking about, they got in the habit of calling me Little Polk.
To mark our steps, we use chalk and write our initals where our step is. Well, since my initials are TP, I've gotten a few nicknames from that.
I've also been called Drunk since I don't run straight. When I start, I stand all the way on the left of the runway and my last step is always really far to the right. I vault straight though. Its weird.
I'm sure I'll get more by the time season is over. :P
"Vaulters are probably some of the craziest people in the world, but hey, we like it that way... or at least some of us do..."
-Me

acfcrissy
PV Newbie

Unread postby acfcrissy » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:13 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:I don't have a cool nickname. :(

me either

fong520
PV Pro

Unread postby fong520 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:30 pm

well my brother use to run on the team so last year all teh seniors use to call me little fong soemtimes casue they were use to him as fong. but he wasnt on teh team then he graduated b4 i went to hs... then he use to be fong factor? dont kno y. he was part of the 4x8? like the missing link so i guess that was one?. and they kinda gave me that last year. like hes ur brother so ur that too haha. and this year when i pr'ed and got 10'6 also the first indoor meet i vaulted at but it was at the end of the season. at that meet my coach started calling me flying fong... o ya and im also aweosme asian. amazing asian. to some poeple.. and also that asian kid haha
i run, therefore im buff.

Vaulter85
PV Newbie

nicknames

Unread postby Vaulter85 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:25 am

In highschool they called me Superman. Because I could fly. But now in college my Nickname is "Nok Su Kal", which means White Warrior for those who didn't know. I think this nickname is much cooler.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Hebrews 11:1

fong520
PV Pro

Re: nicknames

Unread postby fong520 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:57 am

Vaulter85 wrote:In highschool they called me Superman. Because I could fly. But now in college my Nickname is "Nok Su Kal", which means White Warrior for those who didn't know. I think this nickname is much cooler.

isnt that from like kickboxer or something??... im almost positive its in one of the jean claude van dam movies and they start chanting that.
i run, therefore im buff.

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:12 am

H-money. i don't know y but it was this senior who thought my personality resembled that of harrison ford.

patybobady
PV Pro
Expertise: High School Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 13'9"
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby patybobady » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:56 pm

eddie munster or ben stiller...nothing creative...just plain cruel..haha.
Fight the good fight: It's nice to be great but it's far greater to be nice.

Return to “Pole Vault - General”