Drinking Problems

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
dont_touch_my_pole
PV Wannabe

Drinking Problems

Unread postby dont_touch_my_pole » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:49 pm

My best friend just started to hang out with a different crowd....what we call at our school the "dirties"...people who drink(beer) and smoke. Well just this weekend she got drunk for the first time w/ these people. I think she is doing it just to impress these people....Because she acts like its no big deal. (SHE ONLY 15!) How do I tell her that it is a big deal and that I don't like the people she is hanging out without sounding mean? Please help....I am so confused :confused:
"Kick towards God" our school moto

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:11 pm

Sometimes the only way to tell a friend or loved one it be up front and honest. A friend is someone who will isn't afraid to point out the bad qualities in others while bringing up the good ones too! Friends are people who look out for the ones they care about and want nothing but the best for them.
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:21 pm

well put. You for sure have to say something to her. She may not like it right away, but sooner or later she will appriciate what you are trying to do for her.
Man Up and Jump

Return to “General”