lance

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
Skyin' Brian
PV Master

lance

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:48 am

Armstrong just won the 15th stage in the tour de france. he now has the yellow jersey.

vaultgirl1028
PV Nerd

Unread postby vaultgirl1028 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:06 pm

i have no respect for lance armstrong after he divorced his wife
PR: 12'
I believe i can fly.....?

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:31 pm

sorry, as an athlete, lance is the MAN.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:50 pm

whats this about divorcing his wife? i'm confused, i mean i know about his biking, but not much about his personal life.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

RoySloppy
PV Pro

Unread postby RoySloppy » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:41 am

vaultgirl1028 wrote:i have no respect for lance armstrong after he divorced his wife

honestly, maybe you shouldnt worry too much about his personal life, cause thats what it is, personal, not for the public. how do you know his wife wasnt the one who initiated the divorce? how do you know she didnt do something wrong? its not only the male who starts the divorce process....
VA for Life!!

vaultgirl1028
PV Nerd

Unread postby vaultgirl1028 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:13 am

ya i know but i was at this thing helping out for foster children fundraiser thing and he was the speaker right and there were alot of kids out in the audience and he was about to com,e out when you could hear him cussing up a storm because of some deal that went wrong or something.....ya i know he is an awesome athelete and i agree but i still have no respect for him
PR: 12'

I believe i can fly.....?

Skyin' Brian
PV Master

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:15 am

vaultgirl1028 wrote:ya i know but i was at this thing helping out for foster children fundraiser thing and he was the speaker right and there were alot of kids out in the audience and he was about to com,e out when you could hear him cussing up a storm because of some deal that went wrong or something.....ya i know he is an awesome athelete and i agree but i still have no respect for him

so, is it the wife thing or the fact he swears because im sure you have never ever used foul language.
he probably went through the divorce because he was so busy doing things for foster kids and such. hardly any athletes are as active in charities as lance.

anyway, it seems that you are just repeating something you heard someone else say in regards to the divorce. if you judge people for getting divorced, then you probably have no respect half people who get married. as far as we know he had a very successful marriage. his life just probably got in the way. im sure it would be tough for any woman to be married to a professional cyclist, let alone one of the top athletes in the world in any sport.

Skyin' Brian
PV Master

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:26 am

as for a lance update he is currently tearing up the 16th stage. winning this time trial would put him in even better position in the tour

Skyin' Brian
PV Master

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:45 am

armstrong wins the 15.5km climb of a time trial by over a minute! what a statement

Beam
PV Nerd

Unread postby Beam » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:56 pm

vaultgirl1028 wrote:i have no respect for lance armstrong after he divorced his wife

Perhaps she didn't like the color yellow and that led to their divorce.
"If you don't want to be
a deadbeat like me,
I won't blame you." Owen

vaulterpunk
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach

Unread postby vaulterpunk » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:53 pm

Lance Armstrong is an amazing athlete and i agree that his personal life should remain his personal life even though he is in the public eye so much. no one can trust the media.
"spandex they're a privlage not a right!"

Skyin' Brian
PV Master

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:56 am

he just won his third stage in a row. amazing

Return to “General”