Any Car Lovers On Here?

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
VTechVaulter
PV Lover
Expertise: Current Elite Vaulter, College Volunteer Coach, HUGE FAN

Unread postby VTechVaulter » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:37 pm

no offense but the wrx's are kinda slow. They are so closely geared that they get to 60 in good time, but after that are pretty useless. Although i have ridden in them and they are a great ride. very comfortable. and actually very reliable for a turbo charged cars

currently my car is out of commission as im building a bullet proof drivetrain. Upgraded output shaft, input sleeve, new bearings synchros forks etc etc

but at the moment it is about 425 crank hp at 15lbs of boost. the mod list is outdated but i dont have any other pics thanx to a crashing computer

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bmondsch/3000gt/Logo.gif
Brian Mondschein
Philadelphia Jumps Club, Coach and Co-Founder
www.phillyjumpsclub.com

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:26 am

Hey RidinHigh - dont know if it was a typo or anything, but the Mach 1's arent available in '05. 05 is the new design, and the Mach 1 was a limited production (limited numbers in 03 and 04 only) of the previous body/platform.

-----------------------

VTechVaulter - I'm a former 3000GT owner. LOVE THE CARS, it was just a pain to keep maintained and running great, so when I saw my mustang on the lot, I traded it in that day... I'll always love the 3kGTs though. :yes:

(Maybe someday I'll find a 99 VR-4 to play with...)
Matthew Savini
DCHS Vault Coach
www.HighVaultage.com

RidinHigh
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter/Still Jumping
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby RidinHigh » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:25 pm

It was a typo i'm sorry. 2004
Pole Vault Explosion- July 4th, 2009 St. Charles, Missouri
PoleVaultExplosion.com

VTechVaulter
PV Lover
Expertise: Current Elite Vaulter, College Volunteer Coach, HUGE FAN

Unread postby VTechVaulter » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:46 pm

USMC Vaulter wrote:Hey RidinHigh - dont know if it was a typo or anything, but the Mach 1's arent available in '05. 05 is the new design, and the Mach 1 was a limited production (limited numbers in 03 and 04 only) of the previous body/platform.

-----------------------

VTechVaulter - I'm a former 3000GT owner. LOVE THE CARS, it was just a pain to keep maintained and running great, so when I saw my mustang on the lot, I traded it in that day... I'll always love the 3kGTs though. :yes:

(Maybe someday I'll find a 99 VR-4 to play with...)

oh yes the 99 ares incredible cars. The reliability with mine has been great cuz i keep it maintained. all i need is someone to build a better transfer case and id be all set. god i cant wait to get drivin again
Brian Mondschein
Philadelphia Jumps Club, Coach and Co-Founder
www.phillyjumpsclub.com

BeamQueen987
PV Wannabe

Unread postby BeamQueen987 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:47 pm

My dad is owns a dealership...i love cars so i got a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 in Grabber Green. Its SOOO hot and its a guy magnet for me!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:58 am

BeamQueen987 wrote:My dad is owns a dealership...

Haha that makes me think of Aqua Teen Hunger Force :devil:

BeamQueen987
PV Wannabe

Unread postby BeamQueen987 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:20 am

Aqua Teen Hunger Force?...

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:02 am

BeamQueen987 wrote:...i love cars so i got a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 in Grabber Green. Its SOOO hot and its a guy magnet for me!

Soooooo jealous - the old school Mach 1's are rediculously sweet - I love em - and I can definitely see how it could be a 'guy magnet' for you - lol :yes:
Matthew Savini

DCHS Vault Coach

www.HighVaultage.com

indestructo
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Former College Coach, Current High School Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"

Unread postby indestructo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:56 am

Here's a pic of the truck I owned a year ago. This is up at Silver Lake Dunes....on Lake Michigan.... 45 MPH through a 1 1/2ft deep pool of water is a rush!!
"Heart"

mikepv1
Muahahahaha!!

Unread postby mikepv1 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:35 pm

When it comes to classic muscle, I am all about the Shelby GT Fastbacks--especially the '67 and '68 GT500s. My friend's dad owned an early '68 Shelby GT350 in white, but sold it. I loved that car, so naturally I wanted to kill him for selling it, LOL. (Upkeep can get expensive, especially since it was a show car and everything had to be stock.) The GT40 is always interesting. I like it as well. Not to mention the Shelby '64 Daytona Coupe (the car the Viper was modeled after, considering that Carol Shelby designed both of them).

More than worth mentioning is the Porsche 917, which featured a Porsche-engineered turbo flat-12. Got from 0-60 in 2.1 sec. ... 0-100 in 3.6. I would say that a "production" car (the 917k is actually the "production" version, so to speak) doing that would make every other car crap in its pants, especially in the 1970s when the car was in its heyday.

In modern times, I like much of what BMW does, especially with suspension, weight distribution, and naturally aspirated power. I love the M3 and M5. While I am on the subject of BMW, I must give the customary insane props to the McLaren F1 (especially my favorite, the LM, of which only 5 will ever exist), the engine of which was designed by BMW's motorsport division.

Modified vipers are of course cool, but I am not fond of John Henessy, and I certainly wouldn't trust him with my car, since I am not from Texas. I love the SVS Viper (over 900 ft-lb of torque to the rear wheels, and it still manages to keep some sort of traction). Of course, that is a $65,000 turbo conversion.

Lingenfelter for Corvettes all the way. I love what he did with the 427 conversion. I am a big fan of the Z06--one of the best-designed American muscle cars to come out in recent years (naturally aspirated and great high-speed handling). What I really love about the Z06 is that it was made only available in manual. You have no business in a car like that if you want to drive an automatic.

I love the Koenig Ferrari 550 Maranello Twin Turbo. Sleek looks and fast driving. I also love the Ferrarri Koenig F50--sweetest and meanest sounding engine I ever heard.

One that is good for novelty is Cheverolet's Concept car the 2000 Camaro ZL-1. It has all the creature comforts, plus a 572 cu in. V8. No forced induction. 1/4 mile in 9.55 on street tires. The hp/liter isn't impressive for a supercar. 9.37 liters, and it has 770 hp. Of course, it has a pushrod engine. LOL. Loud as hell.

For looks, Saleen S7 and Shelby Series 1. Hmmm...Saleen S7...gotta love a car that has so much aerodynamic downforce that you can drive it on the ceiling at 120 mph.

Just my 2 cents.
"For a few seconds, it is as if you are a bird."
-Sergei Bubka

flyingfox21
PV Beginner

Unread postby flyingfox21 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:58 pm

I love cars (except for the cost). I currently own a '98 jeep cheroke. love that car. the torque coming out of the 4.0L is frickin insane. roasts the tires all the way through 2nd.

my coach has a 1970 GTO judge and when i jump 15 (only 2 more inches) hes gonna let me drive it. i cant friggen wait. car has over 425 hp.

dream car= saleen s7. they are just too sexy. and saleen is comin out with a twin turbo version. cant wait to see how friggin fast that thing is.

dream car that i can almost afford= subaru WRX. so much potential locked up in the boxer 4 cyl. and all wheel doughnuts look sik!!! peace
wether you think you can or think you can't, either way you'll be right

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:35 am

Here's a random pic of my car without me in it to ruin the shot :P

Matthew Savini

DCHS Vault Coach

www.HighVaultage.com

Return to “General”