Vaulters dating other Vaulters

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:59 am

I guess vaulting in the Northeast is a lot different than the midwest.
Man Up and Jump

runjumpfly
PV Fan

Unread postby runjumpfly » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:01 am

VaultMarq26 wrote:I guess vaulting in the Northeast is a lot different than the midwest.
Yup. We're more 'liberal'. But my stat, thats everywhere. Believe me, we're there, jsut hiding. Muahahahaha lol im a loser
Brian

As In A Guy For Those Of You Who Don't Know

'Defying Gravity'

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:41 am

runjumpfly wrote:
VaultMarq26 wrote:I guess vaulting in the Northeast is a lot different than the midwest.
Yup. We're more 'liberal'. But my stat, thats everywhere. Believe me, we're there, jsut hiding. Muahahahaha lol im a loser

I'm gonna have to politely disagree with runjumpfly on all the posts about the northeast and '35% of guy vaulters liking guys'.
Matthew Savini
DCHS Vault Coach
www.HighVaultage.com

runjumpfly
PV Fan

Unread postby runjumpfly » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:23 pm

USMC Vaulter wrote:
runjumpfly wrote:

I'm gonna have to politely disagree with runjumpfly on all the posts about the northeast and '35% of guy vaulters liking guys'.
Im gonna have to politely tell you that from the porbably 20 of us htere are in DE. 5 of us are do no dout about it. Then theres others who are shaky. That was indoor.
Brian

'Defying Gravity'

jmpngblonde
PV Nerd

Unread postby jmpngblonde » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:08 pm

i live in South Fla and i dont think I've ever met a vaulter who i thought belonged in that supposed 35%, altho non-vualters often think that because of the spandex guy vaulters wear sometimes...:-)

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:14 pm

I also think 35% might be a bit high. You can't make a judgement about an entire group of people based on a sample size of 20 people, especially when your entire state only has 20 vaulters. Most conferences in most states have that many vaulters.
Man Up and Jump

CrossBarHOpper
PV Pro

Unread postby CrossBarHOpper » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:03 pm

Heck 5 out of 20 wow big number compared to OK. I no were I am not moving now
hey guys! Abe Lincoln?
Sophmore PR 14'6"

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:07 am

runjumpfly wrote:Im gonna have to politely tell you that from the porbably 20 of us htere are in DE. 5 of us are do no dout about it. Then theres others who are shaky. That was indoor.

Quick clarification of things. The '5 out of 20' statement, I'm not going to comment on, because I really dont know all of the indoor high school vaulters in the state and its really none of my business.
However - there are a WHOLE LOT more vaulters in the spring, and there were over 20 at the state meet alone. So to clarify on that, there are alot more vaulters in Delaware than 20.

I have a theory that 35% of us guy vaulters like guys anyway.

To make a generalization like that is inconsiderate, unfair, and inaccurate. Speaking for yourself is one thing, and no one has any problems with that at all - but implying something about all the other athletes in your area or sport is not appropriate and a misrepresentation of a fairly large group of people.
Matthew Savini

DCHS Vault Coach

www.HighVaultage.com

runjumpfly
PV Fan

Unread postby runjumpfly » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:28 am

USMC Vaulter wrote:
runjumpfly wrote:Im gonna have to politely tell you that from the porbably 20 of us htere are in DE. 5 of us are do no dout about it. Then theres others who are shaky. That was indoor.

Quick clarification of things. The '5 out of 20' statement, I'm not going to comment on, because I really dont know all of the indoor high school vaulters in the state and its really none of my business.
However - there are a WHOLE LOT more vaulters in the spring, and there were over 20 at the state meet alone. So to clarify on that, there are alot more vaulters in Delaware than 20.

I have a theory that 35% of us guy vaulters like guys anyway.

To make a generalization like that is inconsiderate, unfair, and inaccurate. Speaking for yourself is one thing, and no one has any problems with that at all - but implying something about all the other athletes in your area or sport is not appropriate and a misrepresentation of a fairly large group of people.
If you're gpnna be at the meet this year, take a poll. Nuff said. And there werent more than 20 at the indoor state meet.
Brian

'Defying Gravity'

runjumpfly
PV Fan

Unread postby runjumpfly » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:40 am

PLUS

When someone(me) figures something like that out they don't ask every vaulter in the nation. They take a small group.

PLUS

You make it sound like an insult. If you're not included in that 35% then, hey I wasn't talking about you. Thats like snapping on me for saying half of vaulters are lefties, but you're a righty. wtf?!
Brian

'Defying Gravity'

runjumpfly
PV Fan

Unread postby runjumpfly » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:49 am

P.S. End of this argument. Its stupid and I don't have time for it. And we're not going to take it where we can all see it going. So go back to guys and girls. If it makes you feel comfortable.
Brian

'Defying Gravity'

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:02 am

Haha - calm down bro - all I was saying is that your numbers are off. The 'more than 20 vaulters' comment was talking about spring (read the sentence more carefuly - I guess I didnt make it clear enough). And you cant 'take a small group' to make a theory/generalization about a whole.
I apologize if you thought I was attacking any of your posts, or if you thought that I considered anything you said as an insult. My only point was to clarify that your statements werent exactly accurate.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didnt even think we were arguing.
Matthew Savini

DCHS Vault Coach

www.HighVaultage.com

Return to “General”