Senior Pranks

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
runjumpfly
PV Fan

Re: At Raytown South in 1969

Unread postby runjumpfly » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:23 pm

ESSX wrote:Someone housted as beetle bug over in to the center of the school grounds. It was a walkway and garden that had 4 walls and no way to get the car out.
Of course you have to be careful what prank you select in 1968 when I was a junior the senior Pole vaulters were expelled from school as they snuck up into the rafters to peer into the girls showers as a prankl
hoisted* a* sorry Im a grammar/spelling Nazi. And I didnt understand it at first lol.

RidinHigh
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter/Still Jumping
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby RidinHigh » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:23 pm

OUr janitors are awesome...they would do anything in the world for you as long as you show them some respect...SHHHH...but it is amazing how much you can get away with as long as you have a janitor on your side! This is a prank senior prank thread isn't it ;)
Pole Vault Explosion- July 4th, 2009 St. Charles, Missouri
PoleVaultExplosion.com

SlickVT
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, College Coach, High School Coach

Unread postby SlickVT » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:00 pm

The best that I have heard is the auto shop class getting together and pulling an all nighter to dissassemble the principle's car and reassembling it in his office. Imagine the look on his face the next morning.
Vertical Technique Pole Vault Club
Blacksburg, Virginia
verticaltechnique.com

megV
PV Beginner

Unread postby megV » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:52 pm

hahhaha classssic........i know a couple seniors during the winter went into the field where all the snow was and created a huuuuuuuuuge penis for the school to see from the highschool 2nd floor.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:54 pm

megV wrote:hahhaha classssic........i know a couple seniors during the winter went into the field where all the snow was and created a huuuuuuuuuge penis for the school to see from the highschool 2nd floor.

Some friends of mine just did that... http://students.washington.edu/pingphan/snowday.html

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Unread postby Aviendha » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:07 pm

our school is SO not cool about senior pranks...we have to sign a pledge in order to graduate, and one part of it is swearing to not participate in "senior pranks"
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

jmpngblonde
PV Nerd

Unread postby jmpngblonde » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:11 pm

oh man that sucks...we havent had too many done at our school but we're hoping to be the class to change that.... :)

RidinHigh
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter/Still Jumping
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby RidinHigh » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:12 pm

We also have to sign a contract but what are they going to do, Hold all of our daplomas...no way. We also have to sign a dress code of conduct so that no one will like run naked across the stage I guess!
Pole Vault Explosion- July 4th, 2009 St. Charles, Missouri
PoleVaultExplosion.com

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Unread postby Aviendha » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:16 pm

yeah, we have a dress code too...its not that they'll "hold your diploma", but you won't be allowed to participate in the ceremony
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

cnfsedcaligal
PV Fan

Unread postby cnfsedcaligal » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:06 am

we always joked about getting a cow and somehow getting it to stay in the middle of the football field....and then rumor has it that if you feed uncle bens rice to pigeons they blow up?!?!?!? i dunno if it's true...we never did actually try it....
we had some kids sandbag all the entrances to the parking lots at the school one night and put new locks on all the gates so that the school had to have them all cut off and move all the sandbags......that was pretty good
the school got too good at taking the tables off the roof, they would be down before school started...... so not to many people try that anymore....
our pole vault pits got carried about 300 yards, up a huge set of stairs, and about 200 more feet, then over about a 10 foot wall and into the pool..... and let me tell you how heavy a 4 foot tall, 6 foot wide i think about 16 foot long pit is......when it's been soaked in water over night.....we had to take it out of the cover and let it sit there all day.....
then we think later they got moved so that someone could jump from a service road above the dance room/gym area, it's next to a wall, proably about a 20 foot drop....yeah

peopel always talked about trying to turn the pool into a giant jello or somethign like that....

thought about trying to get the marble thing going...we had 930 in my class....but it didn't happen, but we had beach balls and naked blow up dolls flying around at graduation...lol
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."- unknown

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:48 am

cnfsedcaligal wrote:we always joked about getting a cow

i heard that one year, some people brought a cow up the stairs to one of our wings. if a cow gets up the stairs....it cant come down because it will crush its legs or something, so they had to bring a crane to haul it out.!!! :dazed:

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:37 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... tty12.html

Q: Are you aware of the prank the Issaquah wrestling team pulled on the way back from its trip to a tournament in Northern California?

A: It's a beauty. The team rode in SUVs to the mid-January tournament in Eureka. Administrators understandably were concerned about safety, particularly through the Siskiyou Mountains on the Oregon-California border.

Coach Kirk Hyatt promised principal Paula Phelps, who had gone to bat for the trip with the school-district office, to call her throughout the trip with updates.

On the way back, the team couldn't resist a prank. They maneuvered one of the SUVs into a snowbank, then had 10 guys sprawl in the snow and all over the vehicle as if the principal's worst fears of a wreck had been realized. Some wrestlers wanted to smear ketchup as if it were blood, but Hyatt drew the line and said "no."

Then they snapped a photo.

Hyatt checked in with Phelps during the trip home but once safely back in Issaquah, Hyatt suggested that she check her e-mail. In the in-box was a photo.

Hyatt said Phelps told him she was stunned "for about 20 seconds," then realized it was a hoax.

Return to “General”