Getting back to inversion- video review

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
spencershade
PV Beginner
Expertise: High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 13'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Getting back to inversion- video review

Unread postby spencershade » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi, I'm doing some fall vaulting with my coach and I have jumped about 5 or 6 times now. I haven't been on any big poles yet but I am having trouble with getting back to my inversion. I'm not sure why but I have having trouble finishing my vault after the swing. My hips stay low and I can't seem to get them high enough to invert. In my video I put together 3 video clips.
1.swing up 2.bail out 3.vault with poor form

The pole I'm vaulting on is a 14'6 155lb pole. My grip is about 13'6. The bungee is at 14'.
Any help is great, thanks.
***please look some of my other vaults on my channel to compare what I am doing differently then vs. now***

https://youtu.be/Cf-4wCLAuDM

homan2822
PV Newbie
Expertise: Post collegiate vaulter. Collegiate coach
Lifetime Best: 5.41m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Lazaro Borges

Re: Getting back to inversion- video review

Unread postby homan2822 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:10 pm

i would say first thing make sure you are as tall and extended as you can at that takeoff so you can keep your hips back. your swing id say to row those shoulders. after takeoff you seem to only really be relying on your bottom half to get that swing up but think about also actively rowing your hands to your thighs, then slide your hands from your thighs all the way up your body. don't worry about a bungee or cross bar just extend straight up that pole.

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”