Please Review

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
Viola Vaulter
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current High school Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 14'
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud Lavillenie

Please Review

Unread postby Viola Vaulter » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AKYf8I19A

This was me at regionals last track season as a sophomore. I believe i was using a 14 foot 155. Not the greatest angle I know, but hopefully you can help me learn something.
Last edited by Viola Vaulter on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kcvault
PV Pro
Expertise: College vaulter, post collegiate vaulter, BA kinesiology,
Lifetime Best: 5.40m
Favorite Vaulter: Annie Burlingham

Re: Please Review

Unread postby kcvault » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:15 pm

First of all I would like to say I thinking you are jumping very well. There are a couple things I believe you need to focus more then the others. The biggest thing is you throw your head this causes you to lean back at take off bending the pole to early and to much and making it difficult to get inverted. The second is you seem to just run off the ground instead of jumping up at take off this also causes you to be leaning back and causes the pole to sink instead of rise. Other then that keep up the good work.

--Kasey

Vault101 Boy
PV Fan
Expertise: High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 14'6
Favorite Vaulter: Brad Walker

Re: Please Review

Unread postby Vault101 Boy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 am

It looks like you may be barlocking as well, you drop your head initially but you pick it back up to find the bar. Besides physically messing with the vault, you're probably coming out of it early based on your perception of bar's location. That's why you see folks sail over lower bars by 2 feet but cant clear the next height. Remember to keep the left leg long and the right hand long and close to the body. Watch any video of Bubka and he keeps his right arm straight and against his body keeping him on the pole and maximizing the force of the back muscles to get completely inverted.

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”