First meet of the season

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
Ming3r
PV Whiz

First meet of the season

Unread postby Ming3r » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUlKbXlSnTs

This is my 10' jump - I have videos of other jumps; didn't clear 10'6". I'm 156 pounds on a 12' 170 pole.

I barely managed to get over this...from the looks of it my left arm still isn't collapsing and I'm not really inverting.

Well, time for you guys to rip this up...sucks not having a vault coach for this season (and the indoor season).

Thanks!

sooch90
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter

Unread postby sooch90 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:32 pm

Hey, I'm not a coach or anything, so my advice should be taken lightly.

It looks like you have a nice run, but as you already noted, you're definitly blocking out. Also it looks like you lose your drive knee right after take off.

I think the way to fix the blocking out problem is to start from like a 2 step (1 left), on a very soft pole, and not punch out with the bottom arm, and practice not fixating on the bottom arm. Then gradually move your run back, and move up poles. I'm sure there are others who can share their methods to fixing their blocking out problem.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:45 pm

Swing to the top of the pole not at the bar. Don't block with your left arm.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

ladyvolspvcoach
PV Follower

swing

Unread postby ladyvolspvcoach » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:22 pm

I agree with actungpv try to get your feet over the top of the pole before you pull!

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:53 pm

For your turn at the top (which isn't) as Steve White would say, get your right hand to your right hip. Do it as you get verticle. Look at the video. See where your right hand is when you let go. Now picture your right hip where the right hand is. What position would you be in? You'd be belly down somewhat inverted. Right? How high off the ground would you be? Get where I'm going with this? Later......Mike

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”