Big PR's!!!! 15'9" and 16'1.25" --Slow Motion--

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:03 am

souleman wrote:Looks nice! Check your pole carry and the "roundhouse" you do at plant. Ladyvolescoach talks about the motion from carry to plant should be a forward to up motion. In other words if you had a baseball cap on and stuck your right thumb out at plant (yeah I know........duh! But stay with me here), your thumb would hit the bill of the baseball cap as you're reaching for the tall plant. Think about moving your right hand closer to your right hip during carry rather than having it behind you during the run, and then going straight up from there. The arm motion should be, from the right hip- "up" instead of (think of your right hand now) back, out, around and up at penultimate and takeoff. Look at the video and see if you know what I'm referring to. If not I'll try to explane better if you need me to. Later............Mike

I really like that analogy, ive never thought of it that way, awesome!!
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

theczar
PV Follower
Expertise: Coach/Former College Athlete
Lifetime Best: 17'1"

Unread postby theczar » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:22 am

souleman wrote:Looks nice! Check your pole carry and the "roundhouse" you do at plant. Ladyvolescoach talks about the motion from carry to plant should be a forward to up motion. In other words if you had a baseball cap on and stuck your right thumb out at plant (yeah I know........duh! But stay with me here), your thumb would hit the bill of the baseball cap as you're reaching for the tall plant. Think about moving your right hand closer to your right hip during carry rather than having it behind you during the run, and then going straight up from there. The arm motion should be, from the right hip- "up" instead of (think of your right hand now) back, out, around and up at penultimate and takeoff. Look at the video and see if you know what I'm referring to. If not I'll try to explane better if you need me to. Later............Mike

yeah I see what you're saying. My whole approach, pole carry, and plat sequence have undergone some pretty substantial changes since I got to college and keeping the pole a little more foreword durring the plant is something I've been working on for a while. Just gotta keep practicing, this one's a hard habbit to break for me!

jtrouty3
PV Newbie

Unread postby jtrouty3 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:00 am

very nice...i am envious

i thing i noticed after watching the slo-mo part. i think you can squeeze out a few more inches if you really get a nice push off the pole at the top. maybe focus on that a couple of times and see how it turns out for you!

great job otherwise...are you going on to college with the vaulting?
Kick towards God, Jump for Jesus

Siros
PV Nerd

Unread postby Siros » Thu May 10, 2007 12:44 am

Pete man, you are where I hope to be soon.

theczar
PV Follower
Expertise: Coach/Former College Athlete
Lifetime Best: 17'1"

Unread postby theczar » Thu May 10, 2007 8:37 am

jtrouty3 wrote:great job otherwise...are you going on to college with the vaulting?

I'm actually already just finishing up my freshman year at the University of Missouri, Rolla.

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”