training pole

This is a forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to intermediate level pole vaulting.
depvaulter
PV Beginner

training pole

Unread postby depvaulter » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:57 pm

I have been using a 160 training pole to work on getting inverted and finishing the vault. I weigh about 150.
I was wondering if there were any special methods of using training poles or how this technique can be used for the actual vault. I don't think there should be much of a difference...
Bad days are for rain. Rainy days are whatever you make of them.

2-15-46
PV Pro

Unread postby 2-15-46 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:52 pm

what type trainer is it? where are you gripping on it? how far back is your approach?
Bob

depvaulter
PV Beginner

Unread postby depvaulter » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 pm

It is a port-a-pit trainer and I am gripping at the top. I believe it is a 12-footer. My step is at 39 feet for 3 lefts (6 steps).

When using the training pole, I am trying to swing to vertical and extend upward, but am not sure what is actually helpful.
I hope this info helps
Bad days are for rain. Rainy days are whatever you make of them.

txpolevaulter_k25
PV Follower
Expertise: Current college decathlete
Lifetime Best: 15'

Unread postby txpolevaulter_k25 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:07 pm

o man we have a port a pit training pole and it is a 12ft 175( i only weigh 140) and i kicks my a** lol i found it stashed away in the storage shed and decided to try it and it threw me off the back of the pit, luckily i landed feet first and kinda rolled but that was the most amount of force behind a pole i had ever felt
"Bravery is the ability to get the job done when you are scared to death."

Return to “Pole Vault - Intermediate Technique”