any vaulters from illinois ?

A forum to discuss anything related to Illinois

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:17 am

I don't live that that far from Milwauakee so its not to big of a move. What would i do if i got there early, just sit around in my dorm..lol..? I am goin to come up the 24th and thats all i know...

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:18 am

OH, and when coach Winder found out i was jumping for Marquette, he told me "not to listen to Zach" cause you are crazy hahah, Winder, Tabour, and Houston are all like, just follow Kristin's lead and you'll be safe... :P

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:51 pm

lol, yeah I sometimes jump without thinking.......but the deal with the early drop off is that it takes FOREVER to get all your stuff into your room. In McCormick there are 700 people moving in and only 3 elevators. And believe me the first week and weekend you are there you will NEVER be sitting around. You are gonna love it!!!!
Man Up and Jump

*TigerVault*
PV Whiz
Location: Mckendree College in Lebanon, IL - Hometown: Herrin, IL

Unread postby *TigerVault* » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:40 pm

So scuba-Ing was awesome. Ended up going down 20 feet...which was friggin cold. Also saw a bunch of big albino catfish...i mean HUGE. They didnt mess with u but there were some blue gill that were nibbling. Anyway Scuba diving in Illinois is way cool !!!! :D
Go Dawgs! Woof! Woof! - SIU Salukis

VaultMarq26
PV Lover

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:30 pm

LOL.....the best thing to do in teh mid west is to go canoeing....great upper body workout....and sometimes there are rope swings hanging from trees next to the river.

It would be a great spring break trip for a bunch of vaulters
Man Up and Jump

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:44 pm

VaultMarq26 wrote:LOL.....the best thing to do in teh mid west is to go canoeing....great upper body workout....and sometimes there are rope swings hanging from trees next to the river.

It would be a great spring break trip for a bunch of vaulters

does marquette not send you guys on a spring break trip as a team each year??? cuz even my stupid little D3 school does that...

*TigerVault*
PV Whiz
Location: Mckendree College in Lebanon, IL - Hometown: Herrin, IL

Unread postby *TigerVault* » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:24 am

LOL.....the best thing to do in teh mid west is to go canoeing....great upper body workout....and sometimes there are rope swings hanging from trees next to the river.

haha ya ive been canoeing once here for a field trip with school....sept we went in like a swamp thing lol...im sure canoeing in the river is better :)
Go Dawgs! Woof! Woof! - SIU Salukis

VaultMarq26
PV Lover

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:12 am

o no we go on trips, i went to Alabama last year for a week. We were able to go to gulf shores which was pretty sweet. Where did u guys go?
Man Up and Jump

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:33 pm

this spring we stayed in houses on the beach just south of jacksonville, FL. it was crazy, we vaulted in the old jacksonville U coach's back yard (he had a pit and runway back there). then we competed at Costal Carolina University and Emory University.

VaultMarq26
PV Lover

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:14 pm

we were in Mobile, Al and competed in the University of South Alabama invite....we then vaulted at their place....on a scale of one to ten how sweet was backyard vaulting in flordia!?! lol
Man Up and Jump

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:26 am

backyard vaulting was amazing, Ira (the old guy that had the pit in his back yard) had a sound system in his back yard, so he had his tunes pumping all the time. also, we jumped w/ 2 girls from the area that both won thier divisions at state! oh, and it was 90 degrees outside, but since we were in the shade in his back yard, it felt like 75. so, on a scale of one to ten, i would say nineteen. the only problem was that the runway was only 92 feet long so i had to start like a foot off the back of the runway for my 7 lefts run.

izzystikchik
PV Follower

Unread postby izzystikchik » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:47 pm

cool sounds like fun

Return to “Illinois”