Articles from Reno 2011

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Articles from Reno 2011

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:00 pm

http://www.vmikeydets.com/ViewArticle.d ... EM_ID=9800

Four Keydets Take Part in UCS Spirit National Pole Vault Summit
Courtesy: VMIKeydets.com
Release: 01/29/2011

Courtesy: VMIKeydets.com
http://www.VMIKeydets.com

RENO, Nev. – Nicole Harding posted a collegiate best clearance, leading a quartet of VMI Keydets participating Saturday in the competition portion of the 2011 UCS Spirit National Pole Vault Summit in Reno, Nev.

Harding cleared 3.30 meters (10’9 ¾”), as did her high school training partner, Kate Collins, and fellow Keydet Jennifer Sing. The fourth member of the quartet, Carrie Wortham, cleared the bar at 3.20 meters (10’6”).

The Pole Vault Summit is a national gathering designed to teach and enhance pole vault knowledge at many different levels. The Summit features both a competition portion and a teaching clinic portion, with the clinic including several former world record holders and coaches known worldwide, all discussing the specifics of pole vaulting.

“I think this was an unbelievable experience, and a great venue for these four cadets,” said VMI head coach Darrin Webb, who was with the group. “I’m very happy with how they worked together in a very stressful environment, and came away with four solid performances. I know each of them probably wanted to clear one more bar, but that is always the case. This group is dedicated and ready to continue to push each other to achieve additional success, and I believe they are very close to doing just that.”

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Articles from Reno 2011

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm

As the dust has settled and we move swiftly through the Indoor Track Season, we hope that you have been able to reflect on the 2011 National Pole Vault Summit and apply the techniques and concepts that you picked up in Reno.

BIG THANK YOU to the 100 + volunteers that help us with operations, building the runways, assembling / disassembling the 11 brand new sets of UCS landing areas, standards, and other equipment. We all know how tough it is moving and storing pits can be, so without the incredibly hard working and dedicated crew the Summit would not be possible.

This year’s Summit was highlighted by presentations by Tom Hays, and an incredible story from Willie Banks. The new Darkhorse Qualifier Round for the Friday Night Elite competition and Masters Competition kicked off a great competition portion to the Pole Vault Summit. We saw countless vaulters raise their Personal Records, attempts at a new Jamaican Record, and even an Age Group World Record! We congratulate all of you that set new records and encourage everyone in attendance to keep looking up!!

2011 Hall of fame Inductees were as followed:
Sabin Carr – the first ever 14’ Pole Vaulter
Joe Dial – Former World Record Holder
Dan Ripley – Former World Record Holder
Nick Hysong- 2000 Olympic Champion

2011 Coach and Club of the Year Awards
National High School Coach of the year – Jeff Guy

National Colliegiate Coach of the year – Tom Hays

National Pot-Collegiate / Open Coach of the Year - Danny Wilkerson

Pole Vault Club of the Year - Mardi Gras Track Club

We also made a special thank you and recognition to two incredible individuals, Jenna Bockmiller and Paul Sinatra, whose courage and strength to never give up touched all of us in the Vault community. We will miss you both.

We gave a special recognition Pioneer Award to Jim Vieullin for forging the way for all women pole vaulters today. He helped grow and spread the passion of the sport. We challenge all of you to do your part in keeping pole vaulting alive and thriving in your community.We sincerely thank you for attending the pole vault summit and look forward to seeing you again next year, we are already making preparations and planning for an even better Summit for 2012.

Sincerely ,

The 2011 National Pole Vault Summit Staff

www.POLEVAULTSUMMIT.com

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”