Reno or Bell Athletics?

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
bvpv07
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:05 pm

lol...we were just talking about this in my econ class (summer school...yay :( ...but at least I don't have to fill up a semester with a dumb class next year)

You have to consider the relative prices of other things in the area...rent/food/clothes/stuff in general is going to cost a lot more in San Fran than it will in a small South Dakota town.

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Unread postby Aviendha » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:21 pm

I'm in St. Charles, not far from St. Louis, and minimum wage (or at least the least pay i know anyone is getting) is a little over 6 i think...but then its less if you work at a job with tips, then i think you can get as little as 4.50/hr or something
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

sdvaulter06
PV Nerd

Unread postby sdvaulter06 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:15 pm

You have to realize that the cost of living is much more expensive in large cities. I live in a state with 600,000 people! You live in Cities with more then that! Lance
PM me if you know of any vaults around the Midwest!

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:32 pm

LHSpolevault wrote:Speaking of minimum wage... San Fransico's is $8.50 an hour :eek: oh snap.

In Tallahassee, the minimum wage is $6.25, and $3.75 (plus tips) for servers.
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”