Another 6 meter vaulter! Lukyanenko 6.01!

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Another 6 meter vaulter! Lukyanenko 6.01!

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 pm

http://forsport.info/

LUKYANENKO Yevgeniy - 6.01
HOOKER Steve - 5.81
JENG Alhaji - 5.71
LOBINGER Tim - 5.71
LEWIS Steven - 5.71
BURGESS Paul - 5.61

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:31 pm

http://www.iaaf.org/WAF08/news/kind=100 ... 45610.html

Lukyanenko joins 6-metre club, while Vlasic takes 30th straight victory in Bydgoszcz

Yevgeniy Lukyanenko celebrates his surprise winning clearance of 5.90m in the men's pole vault (Getty Images)
relnews

Bydgoszcz, Poland - With multiple World champions in attendance, a brand new track and excellent weather conditions, the Tamex Cup European Athletics Festival in Bydgoszcz was bound to provide world-class performances. And the stars did not disappoint. Two results in jumping results stood out – Yevgeniy Lukyanenko won the men’s pole vault with a new personal best of 6.01 and Blanka Vlasic triumphed in the women’s high jump with a clearance of 2.05.

The Tamex Cup is one of a select group of Area meetings at which points can be acquired by athletes to qualify for the IAAF / VTB Bank World Athletics Final, to be held on 13-14 September in Stuttgart, Germany.

Lukyanenko joins elite company

With three members of the 6-meter club in attendance, the men’s Pole Vault competition promised to be one of the highlights of the meet, and so it turned out to be. As the bar was moved up to 5.81, five men were still in competition. Steve Hooker of Australia, Alhaji Jeng of Sweden, Steven Lewis of Britain and the German veteran Tim Lobinger all cleared 5.71, while the Russian World indoor champion Lukyanenko did not enter the competition until 5.61 and, after a first-time clearance, moved right up to 5.81. That height proved too much for Jeng, Lewis and Lobinger, but Hooker, competing in Europe for the first time this summer, cleared first time. Lukyanenko started with a failure, but made amends with an impressive second-time clearance. The two men left in competition went on to attack 5.91. Both failed first time, but on his second attempt the Russian cleared to go from second to first place in the contest. The Australian, after two failures, passed his remaining attempt to 5.96, but did not manage to go clear.

Lukyanenko might have had the competition won, but he was not yet finished. After having the bar moved up to 6.01, he cleared on his first attempt with a few centimetres to spare, improving his personal best by a full 10cm and moving him to seventh place on the world all-time list. It was also the first ever six-meter clearance on Polish soil. The Russian then took three more attempts at 6.05, and was close to succeeding the second time.

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:27 pm

anybody know who his coach is?
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:04 pm

The Russian national coach is Isinbayeva's old coach. I dunno if he coaches him or not. I don't think so since in this pic it looks like he's getting coaching from someone else...
http://www.sportphoto.ru/en/fotoview.php?photo=14959
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

golfdane
PV Pro

Unread postby golfdane » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:32 am

Very good jump, though he drops his leading leg right after take-off (his style, helps him load the pole). Very good control on the top.

Seem to recall he had a 215 sticker on the top.

His 605 attempt were very good as well (ran through on his last attempt).

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:30 am

Wonder why he tried to tie his NR instead of going for 6.06. Burgess did the same thing a couple of years ago. Do other countries not put the same emphasis on NRs that the US does?
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:16 am

ashcraftpv wrote:anybody know who his coach is?

According to trackandfield.ru his coach is Sergey Gripich.

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Anyone got video?

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 am

good morning

all his jumps looked really easy...

they have been showing track and field daily over here (Finland)

his jumps looked so easy i didn't know it was that high..

i do think somebody will get the record.. but of course i think they will need to start hawling "bu'tee" to do it..

dj

tennpolevault
PV Nerd
Expertise: Collegiate Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.65m

Unread postby tennpolevault » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:40 am

6.01 vault video.......pretty dang casual looking to me. He may be THE ONE. ?? vault starts about 1/3 through scroller.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/020 ... esses.html

Barto
PV Great

Unread postby Barto » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:59 am

If that was 6.01m then he needs to raise his grip about 10cm and jump 6.20m. He was seriously under-gripped on that jump (and I know about under-grippers) :D

jcoover
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Nicholas Panozzo

Unread postby jcoover » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:29 pm

WOW.... a confident, definitive clearance at 6.01m to say the least. When he jumped like three PRs at last year's world championships including one just to make the final, I was thinkin "look out for this kid". I think we will see 6.05m out of him before the Olympics. That being said, I think we could also easily see 6.05m out of Walker or Hooker as well. How great of a competition is the Olympics going to be this year!?!?
"We can, by God, let our demons loose and just wail on!" - John L Parker

Return to “Pole Vault - International”