13 year old boy 4.25m

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Re: 13 year old boy 4.25m

Unread postby dj » Sat May 21, 2011 12:01 am

dj
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby dj » Sun May 22, 2011 9:21 am

hello

well i found out why the 165 had the same result as the 160...

the 160 flex was 21.6... the 165 was a 21.3!!!! hardly any difference .. the 160 was the biggest 160 acording to flex and the 165 was just one tenth over the 165 flex.. normal for 5 lbs is 1.2 flex points.. getting new poles ordered monday........

we have another meet Wednesday.. i think i will have to move him in to 6 lefts.. he was/is on 7.. i have worked on 8 lefts but don't have the poles between his 4.45 lenght and the 4.75 length pole i have for my decathlete.. now jumping five meters..

later

dj

golfdane
PV Pro

Re: 13 year old boy 4.10m

Unread postby golfdane » Mon May 23, 2011 7:56 am

dj wrote:His birth is well documented.. he still has his smooth no hair baby face...

I see why you have checked up on his birthday. How tall is he? The way he moves, reminds me of someone much older.

Like what I see, and I think he will reach his goal for the near future.

dj
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby dj » Mon May 23, 2011 12:36 pm

thanks golfdane for the comment..

the uniqueness of the situation, his technical/physical status, demands it (accurate birth record) be done correctly, plus experience tells me that in this part of the world "proof" of age has always been an issue, if nothing else for passports.. and security.

but hospital birth records have been well documented since computers have taken over data… so his is very complete.

he is the son of my assistant coach who has been helping develop all the track and field athletes in this area for 15 years.. his sons have come to the track with him since they were babies..

interestingly he has not and does not lift weights.. his father doesn't allow it until they are 15. His older brother plays basketball and didn't take to track very well.. although he comes to the track and trains a lot in the BB off season…

we go hard on hurdle hops.. grass bounding, standing and bounding long jumps.. this is the "Long Jump Center" for the Kingdom and everybody.. kids and all long jump from day one...

He does go to a local gymnastics club from time to time plus we have bars, ropes, rings and other apparatuses..

He does all the events.. and trains all the events..

He is 1.75/5'8ish his brother is two and a half years older and id 1.83… Husain was longer at birth and should grow..

golfdane
PV Pro

Unread postby golfdane » Tue May 24, 2011 5:48 am

dj wrote:thanks golfdane for the comment..

the uniqueness of the situation, his technical/physical status, demands it (accurate birth record) be done correctly, plus experience tells me that in this part of the world "proof" of age has always been an issue, if nothing else for passports.. and security.

but hospital birth records have been well documented since computers have taken over data… so his is very complete.

he is the son of my assistant coach who has been helping develop all the track and field athletes in this area for 15 years.. his sons have come to the track with him since they were babies..

interestingly he has not and does not lift weights.. his father doesn't allow it until they are 15. His older brother plays basketball and didn't take to track very well.. although he comes to the track and trains a lot in the BB off season…

we go hard on hurdle hops.. grass bounding, standing and bounding long jumps.. this is the "Long Jump Center" for the Kingdom and everybody.. kids and all long jump from day one...

He does go to a local gymnastics club from time to time plus we have bars, ropes, rings and other apparatuses..

He does all the events.. and trains all the events..

He is 1.75/5'8ish his brother is two and a half years older and id 1.83… Husain was longer at birth and should grow..

All the right stuff :)

IMHO, at that age should he train technical in weights. Bodyweight only, with broomsticks, to learn the technical part of lifting free weights (which is crucial to train the core). Then, when he's 15, is he fully capable to lift safely.
It's safe to introduce the medicine ball (just stay away from the big ones :) )

dj
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby dj » Tue May 24, 2011 8:01 am

hye

we do the medicine balls.. the whole gambit.. with the "broom' sticks... i do a lot of "deadlift" squat position as part of their warmup.. heels flat.. back flat.. butt down , chin up.. knees bend over the toes..

his dad was a decathlete and trained by Eastern Europeans...

he was schooled well...

we will see if he can grow up and be the real deal... it's possible for him to Qualify for Brazil.. 2016

he will grow by then...

dj

dj
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby dj » Wed May 25, 2011 5:10 am

good morning,

Technically i am aware that now that i have worked on his run.. actually have kept him from over striding, that he is "running himself under"... we have already started the process to and "out" takeoff and to get fully extended "before' the pole hits the back of the box...

he was stretching AND moving his step back a shoe length on every jump when i go here.. and still taking of under... he also was holding way down on long poles which combined with an under takeoff didn't always allow the left arm, or arms in general to go.. up where they needed to go without "pushing" out, after takeoff, with the left... .. plus he was jumping with the standards at 20cm!!!!!

most young, talented, vaulters go through this... i'm just glad i'm here to help him change..

he does have good speed and with this "local" program all the athletes have developed their speed to very high levels.. the three 8m plus long jumpers i have are as fast as anyone in the Kingdom.. and i have put together a 4 x 100 that has run 40.5

he adapts well and i feel these issues will begin to "go away" during our Germany training camp...

thanks

dj

dj
PV Enthusiast

Unread postby dj » Thu May 26, 2011 3:26 am

Interesting day of reality….

We had thunder storms move in and brought some rain showers..

That actually was a good thing… clean air, damp but quickly drying clean track…

But It also brought a nasty left front/side head wind..

SO.. after trying to warm up with the shorter 12 stride.. so we could use the poles that were too small last week….. it was difficult, shorter/new step with bad wind.. he was out of rhythm…

I decided to move him back to his 14 steps.. and not take a chance of getting him hurt..

and it worked fine through 4.20.. no misses..

Then we had a 30 minute break, again bad timing for the meet.. he makes 4.20 clean and has to wait 30 minutes to jump at 4.30!!! which would tie the record……..the height was because the meet head official would only start at an "even" height, 3.80 and went up 10cm at a time..

Well in that 30 minutes the storm moved… this moved the "circling" wind 180 degrees and at his back… by this time I had to go to the long jump (where my third jumper jumped a PB of 7.61m)… wasn't at the vault to try and move him back to 12 steps.. he blew through with the standards at 80…. Missed.. blew through from what I was told.. didn't get to see the jumps and haven't seen the vid.

We will get it done in Germany.. I'm thinking i might see if I can get him in one of the "street" vaults, like "Jocgue Grimm"

We have the next two 4.45m poles on the way to Germany to "intersect" with us there.... and we are training at an indoor/outdoor facility…

VaultisgOOd
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current College Vaulter, Fan, PadawanWest
Lifetime Best: 5.09
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Dmitri Markov

Unread postby VaultisgOOd » Fri May 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Wish I could fly around the world training and vaulting........... :crying:

Return to “Pole Vault - International”