Women's Outdoor National Records

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
roger/over
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; University Coach; Masters Vaulter; PV Stats
Lifetime Best: 4.60 at 44
Favorite Vaulter: Stacy Dragila

Women's Outdoor National Records

Unread postby roger/over » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:51 pm

I've given up trying to fit all of the columnar data into the format of the PoleVaultPower message board, so will settle for country/height/vaulter/date. If you'd like other things like place, placing and birthdate of the athlete, I'd be glad to send those along as Appleworks or Excel spreadsheets. Cheers, Roger

NATIONAL OUTDOOR POLE VAULT RECORDSâ€â€

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:59 am

do you know of any place we can get the men's listings?

roger/over
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; University Coach; Masters Vaulter; PV Stats
Lifetime Best: 4.60 at 44
Favorite Vaulter: Stacy Dragila

Unread postby roger/over » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:38 pm

I posted a reasonably current Men's National Records list to PoleVaultPower on 7 August 2004 and it still can be found in the College and Elite file. This list was abstracted, with permission, from Winfried Kramer, et. al., National Athletics Records, 2003 edition. I don't know of another source as complete as Kramer's and I don't intend to update my abstract, since I would not be able to do it well. 115 of the 204 men's records I show are below 5.00m, the lower limit of Mirko Jalava's world deep list, the most inclusive source of current vault marks. I would be unaware of most improvements in those records.

Another possible source might be the IAAF Statistics Handbooks, published for each World Championships. These handbooks usually include lists of national records. Unfortunately, those for the 2003 Paris WC and 2004 Olympics are both listed by IAAF as out of stock.

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:20 pm

thanks, ill look to find it then

vaultgirl1028
PV Nerd

Unread postby vaultgirl1028 » Mon May 02, 2005 6:36 pm

ha! man some of those are super LOW!! I need to go live in Chad (1.8 m) or fiji (2.7 m) haha o well, i guess ill just have to try and stick with trying to break stacey dragilia's record (4.8 m) no big.............(ha ya right!!)
PR: 12'
I believe i can fly.....?

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Mon May 02, 2005 9:26 pm

:dazed: That is a lot of typing.

ha ha, the Womans record on the Isle of Man
Just you wait...

Return to “Pole Vault - International”