KBC-Nacht - Isinbayeva, Hingst 4.60

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

KBC-Nacht - Isinbayeva, Hingst 4.60

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Mary Saxer mentioned on Facebook that it was rainy and crappy weather. Mary was 4th with 4.40! :yes:

http://sport.be.msn.com/live/eng/atleti ... 31h01.html

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: KBC-Nacht - Isinbayeva, Hingst 4.60

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:29 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 22722b.871

Pole vault champ Isinbayeva makes winning return
(AFP) – 3 hours ago
HEUSDEN, Belgium — Olympic pole vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva defied strong winds to clinch victory in her first outdoor meeting of the season on Saturday as the Russian golden girl began her build-up to the world championships.
Isinbayeva recorded a modest winning effort of 4.60m, way below her world record of 5.06m set in Zurich in August 2009.
The 29-year-old, who has suffered a series of setbacks in the last two seasons, will continue her preparations for the August 27-September 4 world championships in Daegu, South Korea, by competing at Lugano (July 18) and Lucerne (July 21).
Isinbayeva became Russia's best known sportswoman by winning Olympic gold in Athens and Beijing and lifting the world record to well above five metres.
However, her aura of invincibility slipped when she failed to record a height in the final stage of the 2009 Berlin world championships and only came fourth in last year's world indoor championships in Doha.
Isinbayeva, who has set 27 world records in her career, has said she was preparing to gain revenge for her defeat in Berlin where the world title was won by Anna Rogowska of Poland.

slvr1969
PV Whiz
Favorite Vaulter: Yelena Isinbayeva

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:41 am

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:03 pm

http://www.european-athletics.org/outdo ... usden.html

Pole vault world record holder Yelena Isinbayeva of Russia registered a good victory in her first outdoor meeting of the season, clearing 4.60m at the KBC Night of Athletics, a European Athletics Outdoor Premium Meeting, in Heusden on Saturday.

In poor weather conditions of heavy rain and strong winds, Isinbayeva opened with a first-time clearance at 4.50m, and went on to clear 4.60m on her first approach. She had three failures at 4.70m.

Germany’s Carolina Hingst finished second behind the Russian superstar, clearing 4.60m on her third attempt.

Isinbayeva last competed in Ukraine in February where she won with a clearance of 4.85m.

The 29-year-old who has won two Olympic and five World Championships golds (3 indoor/2 outdoor), and has set 27 world records (15 outdoors; 12 indoors; 17 overall), had taken a much publicised break from the sport, missing the 2010 outdoor season after finishing fourth (4.60) in the 2010 IAAF World Indoor Championships in Doha.

Isinbayeva will next compete in Lugano (18 July) and Lucerne (21 July).

She has said she is preparing to gain revenge for her defeat in Berlin where the world title was won by Anna Rogowska of Poland.

One of the highlights of the meeting in Heusden was the men’s 4x400m in which the Belgian team of Duerinck, J. Borlee, Gillet and K. Borlee registered a good win in a time of 3:02.81 ahead of the South Africa team who achieved the qualifying standard for Daegu, clocking 3:03.37.

slvr1969
PV Whiz

Unread postby slvr1969 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:07 pm

"She has said she is preparing to gain revenge for her defeat in Berlin where the world title was won by Anna Rogowska of Poland."

She is not out for revenge.

[url]http://sport.be.msn.com/nl/vid​eo/player/index.html?videokey=​c823fb293799ee3362c289336e4d5f​df[/url]

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:33 am

CB
PV Whiz
Expertise: PV Coach

Unread postby CB » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:48 am

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 pm

http://www.yelena-isinbaeva.com/en/news ... rom-yelena

17 Jul 2011
I am really excited to be back on the summer circuit and competing again. Last night was a good start. Nothing we can do about the weather, but I know I am in great shape and I’m happy with my victory! I am looking forward to my next competitions and want to thank all my fans in Belgium last night for supporting me in the rain and windy conditions and for all the good Wishes I have received from my cyber fans on Facebook! Thank you!! Yelena

Return to “Pole Vault - International”