New coach..

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
coachjvinson
PV Whiz
Expertise: I have never recognized the concept of limits-I think an athlete who accepts limits is dead-Bubka
Lifetime Best: 0
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: COOP 4.55m and Mondo

Re: New coach..

Unread postby coachjvinson » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:34 pm

thewr80 wrote:Thank you so much all of you. I think i was in the position where i felt like i knew more than my coach only due to the fact that i have vaulted for six years and this is her first season coaching it, and she's trying to coach me out of a book. I felt as if more experienced vaulters and coaches agreed with her i would be able to have more confidence in her. Thank you once again, hopefully by next sunday I will no longer be a 15'1 but 16'6 jumper with my new pole at conference usa meet!

If you are serious about getting better at the vault, I would objectively look at every resource that is in print or otherwise, utilize what methods work for you personally to learn and apply everything you are able. I really believe this can be a great opportunity for you especially if you approach it from the correct perspective...
PURSUITOF2016

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”