Accupuncture

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
graygoose18
PV Newbie

Accupuncture

Unread postby graygoose18 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:02 pm

I've been having some reoccurring muscle injuries the past couple years and wondered what people thought about acupuncture. (This being after many different methods of treatment/rehab/therapy/etc..)

Has anyone tried it?
Results?
Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Goose

Soar Like an Eagle
PV Whiz
Expertise: High School Coach, Fan,
Lifetime Best: 17'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud Lavillenie, Steve Smith

Re: Accupuncture

Unread postby Soar Like an Eagle » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:22 pm

graygoose18 wrote:I've been having some reoccurring muscle injuries the past couple years and wondered what people thought about acupuncture. (This being after many different methods of treatment/rehab/therapy/etc..)

Has anyone tried it?
Results?
Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Goose

I have had acupuncture done for my knee, hip flexor, back, and shoulder and it helped my knee and hip flexor, but did not help my shoulder (SLAP Tear) and back. I would recommend trying it the needles do not hurt. My sister is getting acupuncture administered in San Diego for $25.00 a session. I live in Charlotte and it cost me $90.00 for one session so I did not get another one. I would research the internet and talk to friends about it before I make a decision on whether to have it or not.

Good Luck

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”