Core strength Conditioning

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
Pole_vault'n
PV Beginner

Unread postby Pole_vault'n » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:56 pm

YOUR CATS ARE AWESOME!!! i breed cats but anyways... lol those wokrouts are great, i did all of them that i can do and i am now doing everyone of them until i am comfortable at em THANKS this is the best thread eva, wish we could get a upper body thread like this, if any body has any we could turn this into an ultimate workout thread!!!! MWAHAHAHA~!!!

THANKS!
Wow what a signature...

txpolevaulter_k25
PV Follower
Expertise: Current college decathlete
Lifetime Best: 15'

Unread postby txpolevaulter_k25 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:42 pm

also some more good core strength exercises are

1.doing a handstand and then do pushups while inverted, get good and have plenty of balance and you can do them with 1 hand (i have to lean up against a wall though)

2. it called hang snatch you hold a bar with a weight that you can lift pretty easily and then jump in the air (keeping the bar close to your body) bring it above your head (arms fully extended) and stomp your feet when you land (works for explosiveness, upper body strength, and leg strength)
"Bravery is the ability to get the job done when you are scared to death."

gymnastsrock
PV Master
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11'
Favorite Vaulter: too hard!

Unread postby gymnastsrock » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:12 pm

HAs anyone ever hear dof skin the cats? You do them hanging from a bar and pull your legs all the way through past your head(the more flexible your shoulders are, the farther you'll go) Then, you pull your legs back through.
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. Lao Tzu

Pole_vault'n
PV Beginner

Unread postby Pole_vault'n » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:15 pm

Actually my parents are bulding a new house next to mine and i was dedicated a workout room, so believe it or not were going to buy gymnastic rings and i'll be able to actually practice skin the cat ALL THE TIME so i'm really pumped for that (not gonna happen until 1/4 through summer) so yes i have done them but only experimentaly i loked them up first however on youtube i think the key words is gymnastics pole vault training, it's a asian chick doinmg some SWEET drills- 3 step into bubka's (on rope) and skin the cat. youtube is what got me pumped for PV!
Wow what a signature...

gymnastsrock
PV Master
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11'
Favorite Vaulter: too hard!

Unread postby gymnastsrock » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:12 am

That's awesome about the rings! I have a pull-up bar and a beam at my house, but that's it. Also, I found that video and it was sweet!
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. Lao Tzu

baggettpv
PV Master

Core.

Unread postby baggettpv » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:22 pm

You always start from the inside and work out. The only problem is that it needs to occur at 14 years old here.....so by the time the athlete is 19 and done growing they can handle the loads of extensive training.

Rick Baggett
WSTC LLC
Good coaching is good teaching.

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”