Gymnastic grips

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
GMUVaulter89
PV Beginner

Unread postby GMUVaulter89 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:48 pm

grips..are amazing, after doing gymnastics for 12 years you learn to love them. they don't seem like that save your hands that much but they really do. plus when you begin doing more advance skills or in pole vaulting more advanced high bar drills it becomes a safety issue. giant swings and free hip hands on high bars can be dangerous and completely rip your hands apart without grips. personally i suggest to buy super grips, they'll run you around $45 dollars or reisport $40. also i would suggest buying grips with dowels, palm grips aren't really all that useful and dowel training grips well you might as well just get the real thing. www.gymsupply.com www.ten-o.com are good resources. when you get the grips you'll most likely have to use sand paper to get them to fit on your fingers (middle and ring) and they are supposed to fit just over your tips. remember to pay attention to sizing when ordering. grips aren't made to last forever. when i did gymnastics i would usually replace them every 2 years. so make sure you pay attention to what condition they are in. :)
wherever you go, go with all your heart..

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”