Running slow

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Running slow

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:36 pm

The last few meets and practices I have been running considerably slower, but still jumping near my PR. (15'6.25", 15'6" and 15'7" last few weeks) but I can't get on any of my bigger poles. Does this happen to any one else or am I just getting slower? I have some big meets coming up and I need to get on the big poles. :dazed:

zack

Unread postby zack » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:23 am

Your body is probably just tired from a long season and needs a break.

CWUVaultGrl
PV Wannabe

Unread postby CWUVaultGrl » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:07 am

I have been runnin slower this last season. At camp this week I was pretty bad. Have someone look at the way you are running..thats what I had to do. I wasnt gettin my knees up. And I understand that you can run faster cause I use to be a sprinter..so it was weird to me that I was slower..so yea have someone look at the way you are runnin..could help?! ;)
Remember to schwing!

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:34 am

i agree, you're body is probably just tired as this just happened to me....right before golden west my body just started feeling tired, and after junior nats i took like 4 or 5 days off...just warmed up one day, jumped over my pr the next........just rest is all i'd say
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

FOLLOWtheNINJA
PV Beginner

Unread postby FOLLOWtheNINJA » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:27 am

The same thing happened to me, but all i did was get on a really soft pole (for instance i normaly use a 165 but i went down to a 140) and try to penetrate as much as you can. in order to penetrate more you naturally will run faster

this is just a suggestion. it worked for me

ennairb
PV Nerd

Unread postby ennairb » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:46 am

i think they're right ... you're prob just tired from a long season because i know that i was totally burnt out .... i went to golden south and jumped a foot and a half under what i usually consistently jump ... im just thankful that i burnt out right before golden south instead of states lol
"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up - these are the best days of our lives. The only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right."

- The Ataris -

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”