Indoor season is upon us.

A forum for coaches to discuss coaching technique and advice with each other. Only registered coaches can post in this forum.

Moderator: AVC Coach

grandevaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: Three year highschool vaulter 1978-80. Now coaching highschoolers and competing in masters.
Lifetime Best: 11'
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Timothy Mack

Indoor season is upon us.

Unread postby grandevaulter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm excited about the indoor season starting. A partial schedule is out for Michigan Mits and I see three meets at U of M and three meets at GVSU. They are expecting a full schedule out by Thanksgiving. We are doing conditioning right now.

I've got three seniors a junior and some middle school kids. I can't wait to see how they do this year.

Anyone care to share their thoughts?

PV-ATL
PV Whiz
Expertise: PV Coach, Club Owner (Pole Vault Atlanta, PV-ATL)
Lifetime Best: 14-6
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren

Re: Indoor season is upon us.

Unread postby PV-ATL » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Coach,

We can't wait for Indoor to start either! We have it a bit different down here, although. We will be traveling a good deal:

Birmingham, AL, Dec 28: Great facility!
University of Florida, Gainesville FL, Jan. 18: Well run meet...no snow on the way!
Clemson, SC, Jan 25: This hasn't been announced yet. I hope we get to go!
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, Feb 1: Brand new facility, should be fun!

That's it for our season, unless USATF has our South Zone meet close by. We should be taking 15-20 vaulters, HS and MS to the meets. Our fall went well, so we should have a good time of it.

Cheers,

PV-ATL

grandevaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: Three year highschool vaulter 1978-80. Now coaching highschoolers and competing in masters.
Lifetime Best: 11'
Favorite Vaulter: Timothy Mack

Unread postby grandevaulter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:07 am

Last night was our first indoor meet at GVSU. It's great to be inside watching the athletes perform and looking out the window at the snow and the 17F. or -8c temperatures.

scpolevaulter
PV Nerd
Expertise: College Vaulter and High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 14
Favorite Vaulter: Mitch Greeley and Tim Mack

Unread postby scpolevaulter » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:08 am

JDL Fast Track has its schedule up for some great indoor meets. There is usually some good competition at those meets!!!

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:34 am

I envy you guys in states that have indoors seasons. Minnesota does not have one. Maybe that's why our state meet record is just 15' 7". What has occurred is that a couple of the clubs in the Twin City area has indoor pole vault camps. Most of those high schoolers participate in the USATF Minnesota Open and Masters Track and Field Championships. That meet happens the day before the high school season starts which allows these kids at least one indoor meet. Grandvaulter, I'll be looking forward to hearing how your kids do this year. There's no question they have a pretty good coach helping them along.
Later
Mike

PV-ATL
PV Whiz
Expertise: PV Coach, Club Owner (Pole Vault Atlanta, PV-ATL)
Lifetime Best: 14-6
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren

Unread postby PV-ATL » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:23 pm

Coach,

We had our first indoor meet at the Birmingham Crossplex. This may be the best Indoor Track facility in the USA.

We did well. We won two age divisions, scored in the top three in every age division, and came out with 10 PR's (24 kids...). Good day all-together!

Since then we have been practicing outdoors in the coldest of all weather... freeezzing! Burrrrr!! Next meet up: Clemson, SC, Jan. 25, 2014.

Cheers,

PV-ATL

Return to “Pole Vault - Coaches Forum”