How we should coach

A forum for coaches to discuss coaching technique and advice with each other. Only registered coaches can post in this forum.

Moderator: AVC Coach

grandevaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: Three year highschool vaulter 1978-80. Now coaching highschoolers and competing in masters.
Lifetime Best: 11'
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Timothy Mack

Re: How we should coach

Unread postby grandevaulter » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 pm

DJ, I wish you would have recruited me to your college and coached me. I see your progress chart. You do provide effective charts for suggested progress. I think you give people a great amount of information they can believe in. I think that is an important part of being a great coach.

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 pm

hey

i appreciate this note Grande...

i don't know that all my "methods" will/would work for everyone.. but i'm confident they would..

they are based on physics, experience and knowledge... knowledge that i have "stolen" from others... some times with my own "twist.

i have a simple process. analyze where an athlete is physically.. strengths and weaknesses... enhance the strengths more and eliminate the weakness as quickly as possible...

i coach anyone that is willing to commit and work.. and have always had improvement unless they walked away.

dj

ADTF Academy
PV Follower

Unread postby ADTF Academy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:17 pm

I guess the results at ETSU will show if this is true over the next I hope 3 years to see if the thoughts are shown in 100% of the athletes.

Return to “Pole Vault - Coaches Forum”