Stupid Me! I keep planting the pole wrong

A forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to beginning vaulters. If you have been jumping less than a year, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: achtungpv

SEALtm6
PV Newbie

Stupid Me! I keep planting the pole wrong

Unread postby SEALtm6 » Sat May 10, 2003 9:19 pm

So yeah, Recently I've had this problem with not being able to plant the pole right. I know how to plant the pole, but now it just messes me up, and I can't remember. Any suggestions?? Any drills or such? It messes me up so much that I no heighted at the last meet and I have a meet on Monday, I don't want to do that again!

Thanks a bunch!
SEAL
"Oh, you're supposed to let go of the pole"

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Sat May 10, 2003 10:24 pm

i'd probably say if you know how, do slide boxes, if not, just do some small vaulting into a sand pit (no swinging upside down obviously, just a disclaimer). Either one of those should be able to get you confident to plant a pole again, and hopefully you can work on technique for your plant while doing those. Good luck.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

Return to “Pole Vault - Beginning Technique”