Beginner to Bubka - feedback

A forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to beginning vaulters. If you have been jumping less than a year, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: achtungpv

Do you find Alan Launder's book useful for teaching the vault?

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes: 20

BigStick Club
PV Nerd

Unread postby BigStick Club » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:19 am

I just ordered it last night - about how long has it been taking?

agapit
PV Follower

Unread postby agapit » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:28 pm

BigStick Club wrote:I just ordered it last night - about how long has it been taking?

I got it in three days and read it in two evenings. Nice book. It does reflect the modern PV Model (640 Model I call it) accurately. The best part about it is that it is practical. Alan as a good (very good) teacher put it in 123 for teachihng the modern approach.
there is no spoon... www.m640.com

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:05 am

I :heart: -ed the book as soon as i got it!! I got it off of BubbaPV, who is in texas, while i'm in chicago, and it took about 4-5 days!

I liked the psychology represented in a lot of the chapters and different techniques were well spoken of too.

I brought it with me to my sectionals meet and literally read it during the competition while i waited in between jumps. I PR'd, won my sectionals, and qualified all in one day :D :yes:

yasso_polevoult
PV Beginner

Unread postby yasso_polevoult » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:32 pm

sorry but where i can found these book really i dont know forgive me

BrownVolvo
PV Beginner

Unread postby BrownVolvo » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:02 am

www.neovault.com

look at the left side of the page and keep scrolling down.
You will see this blue book with Bubka on it.

polecat
PV Fan

Beginner to Bubka Feedback

Unread postby polecat » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:56 pm

I think it really helps, but it is no replacement for athletic ability and training. I am helping a high school track team with the vaulting and jumping, and I gave my copy to a boy who hadn't vaulted in 1 1/2 years. His PR when he stopped vaulting was around 11'. He won his first competitive meet earlier this week with a 13' vault, and we really haven't been practicing that much so far this year because we have only limited access to an indoor pit.

He also came back faster, leaner, and with a great attitude. His dad says he has spent a lot of time reading the book. I might have a problem getting it back!

Return to “Pole Vault - Beginning Technique”