Pre Track Club Article (OR)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Nevada, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Pre Track Club Article (OR)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:03 pm

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/20 ... orts22.txt

Pre Track Club has stellar pole vault effort

The Prefontaine Track Club had three different pole vault champions at the State Youth Athletic Championships at McCulloch Stadium in Salem on June 11 and 12. Athletes throughout the South Coast participated for the club.

The weather cleared and provided ideal conditions for the pole vaulters on the second day of the event. The vaulters, coached by Stan Solomon, responded with three firsts, a second and a fourth.

State championships were won by Brooke Davison in the youth girls division (13- and 14-year-olds) with a vault of 9 feet, Amber Wiley, of the intermediate girls division (15-16) clearing 11-0 and Muriel Roberge in the young women (17-18) with a vault of 11-6. Moriah Roberge finished second in intermediate girls (9-6) and Lane Davison was fourth in intermediate boys (12-6).

FlyerChick4
PV Nerd

Unread postby FlyerChick4 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:16 am

Becca it is so cool that you put an article from our little town of Coos Bay . I am Amber Wiley and it really awesome that you even find stuff from really small towns to put on this site.
This year your gonna have to work twice as hard.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:00 am

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/20 ... orts25.txt

In the pole vault, Muriel Roberge won the young women (17-18) division with a vault of 11 feet, 6 inches. Amber Wiley was first in the intermediate girls, vaulting 11-0, and Moriah Roberge vaulted 9-0 to finish fourth in the same age group. Brooke Davison finished first in the youth girls (13-14) division by leaping 7-71/2.

Lane Davison set a personal best by clearing 13-0 to finish second in the intermediate boys division, while Greg Eckes vaulted 12-6 for third. Eckes had a new best of 13 feet at a recent all-comers meet in Eugene.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:57 pm

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/20 ... orts26.txt

Amber Wiley dominated the intermediate girls age division in the pole vault by winning every meet she entered this summer. She took a Track City first with a 10-foot-6-inch effort. Vaulting in the same age group, Moriah Roberge finished sixth with a leap of 9-53/4 and Emily Whaley took seventh at 8-0.

Brooke Davison, a member of the youth girls (13-14) age group, vaulted close to her early summer form to win in 8-113/4.

Lane Davison, intermediate boys, had an excellent rock back that accelerated him to a new personal record with a vault of 13-6 for second place. Lane had a good effort at 14-0, but couldn't quite clear the height, coach Hunter Fales said. Greg Eckes equaled his personal best with a vault of 13-0 for third. He was error free until his three misses at 13-6.

Return to “West and Northwest and Canyon Regions”