Darcy Chase Article (MO)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Darcy Chase Article (MO)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:06 am

Darcy is coming to Lindenwood next year!!

http://www.hannibal.net/stories/053005/ ... 0026.shtml

Chase wins third medal in pole vault
By SHAUN PARKER
Of the Courier-Post

JEFFERSON CITY - Darcy Chase finished with a perfect record, winning her third medal in three attempts in the pole vault at the Missouri State High School Track and Field Championships in Jefferson City on Saturday.

Hannibal senior Darcy Chase lifts off during the pole vault during the second day of the Missouri State High School Track and Field Championships at Lincoln University in Jefferson City on Saturday. Chase finished fourth in the event, earning her third medal in three tries in the pole vault. (Special to the Courier-Post/Christopher Young)
Having finished eighth and sixth in 203 and 2004, respectively, Chase finished fourth on Saturday with a vault of 10'9", setting a new school record in the process. Her previous personal best and school record was 10'6" and her best at the state meet was last year when she cleared 10'0".

"(Darcy) vaulted 10'9" and had three good attempts at 11'," said Hannibal girls track coach Mark St. Clair. "Darcy struggled early in the competition, then smoothed out and vaulted well."

Tara Diebold, a sophomore from Branson, won the pole vault with a clearance of 11'9".

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:42 am

Hey Darcey, The Guys at the "Barn" wish you the best of luck at Lindenwood next year. It has been "Our" pleasure to get to vault with you during the past 2 years - stop by and vault with us some time !!!!!!! Lindenwood, you are getting a GREAT Athlete/student in this "kid".

OLD CATAPOLER
PV Newbie

Unread postby OLD CATAPOLER » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:08 am

I would like to echo everything 1yeldud1 just said!! I have worked many meets Darcey competed in over the past 4 years. I have developed a great respect for her vaulting skills and personality. Her parents should be very proud. Best of luck to you Darcey!

Return to “North and Central Regions”