Minnesota's great vault coaching.

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

altius
PV Rock Star

Minnesota's great vault coaching.

Unread postby altius » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:11 am

Had a great clinic at Concordia College in Minneapolis.
The following coaches that helped me put on the clinic:
Phill Erickson
Chris Milton
John Pollack

And
Rod Fuchs
Ian Holen
Michael Labine
Kenneth Montanye
Tim Abel
Brian Sworsky
Matt Fleigle
Came along to observe what we we were doing,

Clearly Minnesota is in great shape with pole vault coaching because only a small number of they coaches felt the need to learn any more that they already know. One coach in Minneapolis clearly already knows enough about what I preach on modern approaches to teaching and coaching this event that he is able to tell other coaches with certainty that I don't know what I am talking about. Strange that but I suppose not uncommon from folk who feel so insecure that they don't want to find out how little they know. By the way what are the Minnesota age group records? How do they compare with "One track" Adelaide??
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden
altius
PV Maniac

Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Re: Minnesota's great vault coaching.

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Altius seems like he had a real "problem child" coach. I learned a long time ago when competing at the National level in archery and Rifle shooting to listen to what the "experts" had to say. You don't have to take everything that they have to say - but use what parts can fit your "mold" to make you better - lots of different types of coaching styles and different philosophy's - Listen and Learn is the key. Years ago my son, Brian and myself attended several clinics over the years with Allen at Todd Coopers in Kansas City, Mo. We learned a TON of things to try and things to think about - My son and his fellow vaulters were better vaulters because of that experience with Todd and Allen. I am still thanking Todd for inviting this man into our lives - Thank you Todd and Allen

Return to “North and Central Regions”