Motley Crew Cave Vault 2011

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

MCVC
PV Beginner
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Motley Crew Cave Vault 2011

Unread postby MCVC » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Motley Crew Cave Vault
Crystal City Underground
August 6, 2011

The Motley Crew Vault Club invites you to one of the first underground street vaults in the world (at least, we haven't heard of any others...). Our indoor facility, Crystal City Underground, is a former sand mine in Crystal City, Missouri. The Cave Vault will feature vaulters of all ages and abilities competing on two runways. Currently, there are 7 divisions with Male/Female/All Ages combined based on opening height. There won't be any medals or prize money, but you do get a t-shirt and bragging rights to say you vaulted underground.

Coming from out of town? Give our friends at Holiday Inn a call at 636-937-7100 and mention Crystal City Underground and they'll give you a room for $89.99 in the newest hotel in town.

Directions:
From the North: Head South on I-55. Get off on Exit 175 (Hwy A) and make a left. Hang a left onto Hwy 61/67, which runs in front of the Wal-Mart. At the second light, the one near Dairy Queen, make a right onto Bailey Road. Follow it through up to Mississippi Ave. Turn right and follow the fence on your left until you come to a double gate. The gates should be open. Proceed down the gravel drive, across the bridge, and through the tunnel. As you enter the tunnel, turn on your lights.

From the South: Head North on I-55. Get off on Exit 175 (Hwy A) and make a right. From there, just follow the directions above.

Camp:
Daniel Ryland will be hosting a pole vault camp at the cave on August 4-5. The camp cost is $100 and includes entry into the Cave Vault. There will be two jump sessions on August 4 around 1pm and 5pm and one jump session on August 5 in the morning, leaving the afternoon free to chill. There are limited spots available for the camp. Contact us directly at kangaroo_crew@yahoo.com if you want to register or have questions.

Preliminary Schedule:
**Groups may change based on opening heights of pre-registered athletes.

9am
Pit 1 - HS/Open - Opening 10'
Pit 2 - JH/HS Boys - Opening 5'

12pm
Pit 1 - HS/Open - Opening 11'6
Pit 2 - JH/HS Girls - Opening 5'

3pm
Pit 1 - HS/College Men - Opening 12'6
Pit 2 - HS/College Women - Opening 8'

6pm
Pit 1 - Elite/College - Opening 10'6 / 14'6

Items to bring
Water, lawn chairs or blankets (99% of the mine surface is sand), a jacket/pants for when you're not jumping. It's recommended that you bring your own poles, but poles may be available to those who need them. Send us an email and we'll see if we can't work something out.

Rules
No alcoholic beverages, no pets, and no unsupervised children. Vaulters using profanity or jumping unsafely will be cautioned to make adjustments and are subject to disqualification by the meet organizers and/or officials.

2011 USATF membership is required to compete, as well as a signed waiver. You can get a USATF membership at www.usatf.org/membership.

Entry Fee
$30 pre-registration - Includes t-shirt
$45 Day of meet registration
Cave Vault t-shirts available for purchase at the meet for $15.
2009/2010 Cave Run t-shirts available for purchase for $10.

Deadline for online registration is August 4.

Those wishing to vault in the Elite section should contact us directly at kangaroo_crew@yahoo.com.

vaultdad
PV Whiz
Expertise: An Official
Favorite Vaulter: Jillian Schwartz!

Re: Motley Crew Cave Vault 2011

Unread postby vaultdad » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:52 pm

It's Sunday . . .

The bags are packed and vaulters are heading out to home, wherever that is.

After a two day Camp with Daniel ryland and Paul Litchfield the three day Vaultarama in the cave ended with a competetion that ran all day saturday with everyone from 6th graders through future Olympians.

The Motley Crew Vault Club has put this event to bed and we hope that everyone has had a great time participating in what is very likely the world's first event of its kind.

Cheers!
Vaulting Incognito "I saw those tubes on your truck, and I thought you were a plumber . . ."

Return to “North and Central Regions”