Minnesota Vaulters!!!

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

1a or 2a

1a
25%
2a
75%

Total votes: 4

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:54 pm

If I register and pay for it then I'll be forced to go. (That's just how I work). Bubba told me to get either a pair of long distance racing shoes or steeple chase shoes because of the light weight and padded heel. Do you guys have those over at your place? What brand do you like. The last pair of track shoes I bought was a pair of Pumas from Fitzharris in St. Paul so that oughta tell you how long it's been. Now, as to the pole. I weigh about 160 to 165 and I'll be jumping on my 1550 catapole. I think I want to chop it. My thoughts are to take a foot off the bottom and maybe 4" off the top. I probably will never hold much above 12 feet on it so I should be ok with the weight aspect of it shouldn't I. I do want to make at least 1 jump in competition with it for old times sake if you know what I mean. Oh man.........I'm sooooooooooooo jazzed about this. Later..............Mike

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Unread postby cdmilton » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:43 pm

I have been using mostly the Nike PV for the last few pairs. I also like the addidas spikes. I have a pair of Addidas size 11 or 11.5 if you want them. As far as poles go...I am sure you can use of of Flight Deck's for the day. I;d bring yours and we can check it out. Don't cut it yet. You should be able to straight pole something without too much dificulty.
Chris Milton

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:44 pm

Thanks Chris, but I just don't think I could tie them tight enough to fit this size 7 !/2 that I have on the bottom of my leg. I PM'd you about jumping and am looking forward to hearing from you. Later.............Mike
P.S. Wife sent in the registration today.....Yippee....can't wait!

distancejumper
PV Pro

Unread postby distancejumper » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:00 pm

cdmilton wrote:
Flight Deck will be doing a lot of vaulting at Armstong this summer through the club. Check out http://www.FlightDeckAthletics.com for more details. We hosted a bunch of PV only meets last summer that you would be welcome to come to. Email me if you have any questions.

Is that the Wednesday thing that you had last year?

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Unread postby cdmilton » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:13 am

distancejumper wrote:
cdmilton wrote:
Flight Deck will be doing a lot of vaulting at Armstong this summer through the club. Check out http://www.FlightDeckAthletics.com for more details. We hosted a bunch of PV only meets last summer that you would be welcome to come to. Email me if you have any questions.

Is that the Wednesday thing that you had last year?

Yep. They were a lot of fun!
Chris Milton

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:14 am

Distance jumper, Flight Deck is starting tomorrow at noon at Armstrong HS. I'm going. It will be my fist time trying to vault in 25 years. I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally excited. Later ...........Mike. P.S. Let me know about that pit.

distancejumper
PV Pro

Unread postby distancejumper » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:26 pm

I did that a couple times last summer. we could only make it a couple times. Tomarrow we have our own practice. I'm really excited about tomarrow because we got these pits that are new for us that we get to use.

gbob
PV Wannabe

Unread postby gbob » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:06 am

souleman wrote:I don't count yet (because I haven't vaulted yet) but I'm in Minnesota. At 53 I too am getting tired of the cold weather and the lack of vaultin' and motorcyclin' time. But, as long as my two kids insist on living up here I'm not going to move. It's funny, but when I have moved away for any period of time, when I came back it was like returning home. I'm hoping to be vaultin' by early to mid June. Will there be any masters 50 - 55 meets from that time on? I'd need them close to the Twin Cities. Later.............Mike

Souleman...

I wish you would have posted this sooner in the year. This past indoor season we had a "masters" meet... er... call it an "olde tymers" meet... cause we werent all "masters" age yet and we werent all of ability that some my age still are.

in anycase, there were two 50+ y/o vaulting, including a former Masters Div. World Champ. I am planning on inviting them all back next year for our multiple indoor meets at UW-Superior. (that shouldnt be too much of a jaunt for you.)

Drop me a line and I will make sure you get the info for our indoor meet schedule. I am also considering a vault nite once a week in our beautiful new facility. No concrete plans are made for that yet but i am still finding out who is interested.

Hope the spring/summer finds you some great vaults...

-glen

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:57 pm

gbob, go to my thread called "I survived". It's a lite look at my first day back with a pole in my hands. Mike

distancejumper
PV Pro

Unread postby distancejumper » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:55 pm

How do you get there?

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:35 pm

Well Duh on my part! It's in the masters section and it's me acting like a little kid, the day after Christmas and the other guys eggin' me on. It's kinda fun. Later.........Mike

distancejumper
PV Pro

Unread postby distancejumper » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:58 pm

Thanks

Return to “North and Central Regions”