Coaches clinic at Slippery Rock University

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

altius
PV Rock Star

Coaches clinic at Slippery Rock University

Unread postby altius » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:57 pm

This is just to confirm that Roman Botcharnikov will be assisting at the clinic for coaches to be held at Slippery Rock University from the evening of Friday June 13th thru Sunday June 15th.

This means that this clinic will have two strands - one conducted by Alan Launder for coaches who want to learn how to introduce the Petrov/Bubka technical model to young athletes and the other - lead by Roman - for coaches who want to further extend their understanding of this model.

This will be a unique opportunity for coaches at every level of performance to gain a deeper understanding of this model, how to teach it and how to help young athletes with special talent to fulfil their potential. So coaches, you have a choice - you can spend the next ten years trying to gain some understanding of modern pole vaulting by reading the posts on pole vault power and experimenting with your own athletes - or you can come to Slippery Rock and short circuit the entire process for 250 dollars including full board. Note that we intend to organise a van to pick coaches up from Pittsburgh airport early friday evening and return them on sunday on the completion of the clinic.

I will shortly post my coaching vitae along with Roman's so that you can decide for yourselves whether we may have something to offer. This is definitely a one off and will not be repeated next year at SR.

It would help our planning immensely if coaches who are interested could contact Bill Jordan - and or myself - as soon as possible.
william.jordan@sru.edu or altius@bigpond.net.au
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

Cooleo111
PV Pro
Expertise: HS/College/Post-collegiate vaulter, coach
Lifetime Best: 4.80

Unread postby Cooleo111 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:57 pm

Do you plan on any size or age limitations? I'm very interested but will probably be the youngest "coach" in attendance if I make it. Also, do you have any speculations about the format of the clinic? Will it be all lectures or will there be some sort of physical interaction as well?

Thanks! :yes:

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:06 am

It will be 75% practical - hoping to get Brian Mondshein along to do the drills and demos for us - pleanty of time for questions and discussion. Al

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:53 am

Cooleo old son we will be happy to have anyone who is a coach or anyone who wants to be a coach - even 3po. Al

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:06 am

[quote="Altius"]
I appreciate that many coaches in the USA will not have heard of either myself or Roman Botcharnikov - who will be presenting the coaches clinic at Slippery Rock University June 13 - 15th. Here are the professional vitaes of both of us

Roman Botcharnikov (Pole Vault) Born 1968 in USSR, PR 5.52m

1979 - Begin Pole Vault Training at National Training Center Sochi USSR.
(1979-1987) - Coached by Anatoly Gordienko, Sochi USSR. Member of USSR National Junior Team, Runner-up at the USSR National Junior Championship 1987 (5.35m), Finalist at Russian National Winter Cup 1987 (V. Polyakov, I. Potapovich, M. Tarasov, G. Yegorov, V. Trandenkov) 5.40m, Third Place Finisher at USSR National Army Championship 4x100m (40.10â€

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:09 am

Return to “Northeast Region”