Clinic in the region??

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Yeah it is wierd... I was looking by satellite the other day... hmm... And PG doesn't look like it has any outdoor runways, but I know they have two indoor runways, but I don't know about pits...
"I run and jump, and then it's arrrrrgh!" -Bubka

JFvaulter
PV Beginner

Unread postby JFvaulter » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:10 pm

PG has two runways and one pit.
JFvaulter

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:20 pm

I wonder if something could be worked out to get another pit up there for a few days...

primetime614
PV Wannabe
Expertise: "Soul" Vaulter - choose academics over athletics in college :/

Unread postby primetime614 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:50 pm

powerplant42 wrote:I was thinking about talking to Morgan State... How do they have 4 boxes and only 2 runways? Would we need to build two other ones? How much do you think that might cost? What about pits? Just thinking ahead here... Also, if anybody's got a bunch of people or a group of any size that might be interested, then shoot me a pm/email so that we can help to get some scope of how many people we might need to accommodate. Thanks!

it does like this

box------runway-------box box---------runway---------box

do u understand my diagram
its an overhead view.

see u tommorow, at states.

hereford and centennial are the onyl schools at 3A states that will have multible vaulters. i love it, there arent many dominate pv schools in 3a

PG- i didnt know they had two runways. still why would u want to have it indoors, in summer, i mean, it'd probably be open but, even then its still only 2 runways.

wow, when looking for picture to show u guys morgan state, if ound out that it was the site of the 2006 USATF junior olympics

the best i could find
PR: 13'6"
Dist. Runner: Hey, are you ganna win today?
Me: What else would I do Lose!?!

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:33 pm

It's definitely a strange set up... good if there's wind going with the runways I guess, because you could move the pit to the other side. Thanks for the diagram! I'll have to find out if there are any outdoor runways at PG, because you're right, being inside wouldn't be too much fun. I'm still waiting on altius to provide me with an idea of what he wants to be available. PG has got all that gymnastics and excercise stuff. I don't know about MSU. I'll shoot them an email sometime soon and ask them what their facilities include. But what about Hereford? Do you guys have two runways? Could we set up there? Or any high school. I assume that they'd be much cheaper to do this at. Anyone?

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:07 am

In England till saturday but - with two pads , two largish sandpits and a high bar I could handle up to fifty athletes -with a little help from Baggett assuming he is available = AND THE COACH AT THE FACILITY . Could go 2 or 3 days 9 -3 OR 3 evenings starting at 4.pm - 8pm. as it stands unless an enthusiastic coach with a load of poles is involved athletes would nee to bring their own poles.

However the emphasis would not be on tweaking small elements of each athletes technique but on teaching evryone how to reach their potential in the vault - that said I have always believed in starting with a competition - fairly informal - to get a feeling for the general level of performance,
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

primetime614
PV Wannabe
Expertise: "Soul" Vaulter - choose academics over athletics in college :/

Unread postby primetime614 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:58 pm

powerplant42 wrote: But what about Hereford? Do you guys have two runways? Could we set up there? Or any high school. I assume that they'd be much cheaper to do this at. Anyone?

well, we only have one box, but we do have two sand pits, but its a fairly compacted area, not much room for a large group. deffinetly not. no high school i've been to has two boxes accept for parkville and they have on box that is rust crazy and one with an asphalt runway. but they do have parts of 2 mats, like 1 1/2 sets. werid.

so idk of anything else.

i would have talked to you at states, but i didnt want to do it while we were competitng. which vaulter where u.

PR: 13'6"

Dist. Runner: Hey, are you ganna win today?

Me: What else would I do Lose!?!

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:45 pm

I was the one who's steps were 10 feet out. I no heighted. Didn't really want to talk to anyone after that, you know? What place did you end up getting?

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:08 pm

Looks as tho we are going around in circles here and that there is very little chance of actually putting something together in your region folks. Pity because it sounds as though you could really benefit from one. Would also point out that although both the new Beginner to Bubka and Isinbayeva book and dvd are very good - according to the reviews posted in this forum - the fact is I am much better on the ground actually coaching and could really make a difference to where you guys are heading. That claim can easily be confirmed by folk like baggett, vaultman18,bubba and gtc who have seen me work. :yes:

All I can suggest is that you come to Slppery Rock where i will be coordinating the instruction this year,

vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby vaultman18 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:51 pm

Altius wrote:
That claim can easily be confirmed by folk like baggett, vaultman18,bubba and gtc who have seen me work

Mr. Launder is great and well worth whatever it takes to get him to your area.
If you cannot workout having your own clinic (not easy/but doable) you should find a way to get to one of his camps.

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:59 pm

Its Al to you Daniel!!! :yes:

baggettpv
PV Master

Mr. Launder

Unread postby baggettpv » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:06 am

Sir Alan should be in everyones clinic! So much to learn and experience to become better guys/girls! His teaching methods are the things you need to pay attention to, I have and it's bettered my classroom!

Rick Baggett
WSTC LLC
Good coaching is good teaching.

Return to “Northeast Region”