Tommy Skipper 5.81?

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Tommy Skipper 5.81?

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:52 pm

When and where did Tommy jump 5.81?

ACvault
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby ACvault » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:17 pm

vaultmd wrote:I think he might have done it at the meet in San Luis Obispo on the 7th

brad walker talked about it in his pre interview

joynerjon81
PV Newbie

Unread postby joynerjon81 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:34 pm

OOO
Last edited by joynerjon81 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
52 yrs old pole vault and still kicking

Barto
PV Great

Unread postby Barto » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:59 pm

Not a bogus mark or a bogus meet. Tommy is not knocking anyone out of the trials. He has lots of other marks that would get him in anyway. One of the rules of this message board is play nice. Play Nice.

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:13 pm

joynerjon81 wrote:See, one of those bogus marks in a bogus meet!

This is why I'm not a big fan of the vault these days. It hurts guys that who actually jump in legit meets with legit marks that want to go to Europe for the first time.

Why do you think the meet was not legitimate?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:58 pm

This is why I'm not a big fan of the vault these days. It hurts guys that who actually jump in legit meets with legit marks that want to go to Europe for the first time. It knocks guys who deserve to be in Europe down the line and they never get their opportunity.

At least the Olympic Training Center had official results.

My raising the question of where a mark was achieved does NOT mean it was bogus or that I am suspicious of it. It just mean I don't know the details and would like to see complete results in case anyone else PR'd.

GWU Vaulter
PV Fan

Unread postby GWU Vaulter » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:07 pm

This is why I'm not a big fan of the vault these days. It hurts guys that who actually jump in legit meets with legit marks that want to go to Europe for the first time. It knocks guys who deserve to be in Europe down the line and they never get their opportunity.

At least the Olympic Training Center had official results.

Are you serious right now... "BOGUS"..... Just because someone jumps in a meet that isnt Pre Classic, or adidas championship then its not legit?? So if someone other than Tommy Skipper, lets say someone for example "somoeone he's knocking off", jumps at midmajor invitational that no one has ever heard of and jumps 5.60 to qualify how is that any different than what he is doing. He goes by the same rules and there had to be more than 7 competitiors for it to count so stop complaining about where he did it. All that matters is that he did!!

If you have a problem with that then you must have a problem with all of Bell Athletic jumpers that jump indoors during outdoors to get qualifying marks. I know for sure those meets arent big.....Oh yeah im talking about people like Hartwig, Scott, Mondschein where they all have posted big jumps that have counted in the past and present....

Vaulting is very expensive to go place to place to compete at the very big meets all the time...Give them a break!!! Everyone else plays by the same rules!!!

Have a nice day :)
"Anything less than your best is to sacrfice the gift"

AVC Coach
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Current Coach (All levels)
Favorite Vaulter: Miah Sanders

Unread postby AVC Coach » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Are you serious right now... "BOGUS"..... Just because someone jumps in a meet that isnt Pre Classic, or adidas championship then its not legit?? So if someone other than Tommy Skipper, lets say someone for example "somoeone he's knocking off", jumps at midmajor invitational that no one has ever heard of and jumps 5.60 to qualify how is that any different than what he is doing. He goes by the same rules and there had to be more than 7 competitiors for it to count so stop complaining about where he did it. All that matters is that he did!!

If you have a problem with that then you must have a problem with all of Bell Athletic jumpers that jump indoors during outdoors to get qualifying marks. I know for sure those meets arent big.....Oh yeah im talking about people like Hartwig, Scott, Mondschein where they all have posted big jumps that have counted in the past and present....

Vaulting is very expensive to go place to place to compete at the very big meets all the time...Give them a break!!! Everyone else plays by the same rules!!!

Have a nice day

Good post! Thank you!

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”