Stuczynski comments on doping

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Stuczynski comments on doping

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:01 am

http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2 ... lears-air/

Four-time U.S. pole vault champion Jenn Stuczynski said athletes need to be honest with themselves, as well as with those around them.

"Think of the consequences," she said. "What a disgrace to your family, yourself and your friends."

dboise3600
PV Newbie

Unread postby dboise3600 » Sun May 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Disgrace is a little harsh!

We all need to look at our paths to the top and make sure that there are no skeletons....

No one is perfect! The top is a very difficult place to reach and it is who went before us that paved the road and made it shorter for others to reach!

Doping may not be the way but there are other things that are equally unhonorable!

Better not to say anything......then to judge unless our house is not made of glass....

big10jumper
PV Wannabe

Unread postby big10jumper » Mon May 19, 2008 12:29 am

"dboise3600" either you are Marion Jones or Tim Montgomery. That would be my guess. If you want to support doping in any shape or form do it with the rest of the convicts. On this message board we play it clean, we don't need your kind with your speaches. Find somewhere else like BALCO or Russia.....

dboise3600
PV Newbie

Unread postby dboise3600 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:20 am

"Doping may not be the way but there are other things that are equally unhonorable!"

As you can see, I'm not supporting doping, what I am saying that our athletes should not jump into the arena and comment because their own backyards may not be perfect!

I'm tried of people making it sound that the road to the top is easy!

Better not to say anything at all and let the people who should be handling the problem do so.............that is why procedures are in place....

I'm tried of all the righteousness, when there are other acts that have been as equally wrong....and the athletes who are wrongly accused.....as I tell my athletes bring it on the track and show them and keep your mouth shut.....its the honorable way to compete. "Be Gracious"

Stacy was an example of an athlete who reminds people what it takes and thankful for everything she accomplished.....not I just tried it and it worked for me....

"No one is a miracle child and without some item that someone else can preceive as disgraceful" These comments do not help our younger athletes to know what hard work it really takes...to be the best!

We give excuses and false visions....when we say things like it just happened and forget the people who paved the road and lessons we learned.....

Even Marion and Tom are serving a purpose - my kids are learning that the USA T&F are doing their job!

and that is my point --

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:31 am

I don't like the tone of this thread :no:

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”