Gio calls out Toby - Mt. Sac Relays commercial

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Gio calls out Toby - Mt. Sac Relays commercial

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:57 am

Sebes
PV Whiz

Where I'm putting my money

Unread postby Sebes » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:22 pm

This video is great, I love it! But I gotta tell you...my money is on Gio. I know Toby has jumped 6 meters, has a tatoo, can do a double back flip in the air, AND won a silver....but Gio is en fuego right now! I wish I could go and watch.

giolanaro
PV Beginner

Unread postby giolanaro » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:50 pm

Just to let you all know, this commercial was an idea of our head coach at Mt. SAC. He wanted to find a way to bring some attention to the Mt. SAC relays. It is all in good fun, but what the heck, second place two years in a row to Toby.......... I can't let that happen again!!!!!!!!

Come to the Mt.SAC Relays and enjoy the fun......

Gio

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:11 pm

that is the greatest video i have seen in a while, hahaha way to go, " get that crud outa here" classic.

we need more of that on the net and on TV, polevault is a sport within a sport, its the most entertaining event , the premiere event.
Train Harder than your competition

skyhigh0024
PV Beginner

Toby Vs. Gio

Unread postby skyhigh0024 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:22 am

Good stuff :yes: This is some pretty exciting stuff...This is the makings of a great meet! I will be there front and center!
No Struggle, No Progress

decanuck
PV Whiz

Unread postby decanuck » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:44 am

uconnvaulta wrote:we need more of that on the net and on TV, polevault is a sport within a sport, its the most entertaining event , the premiere event.

While I'm aware the video was probably intended to be a light-hearted challenge between friends, I think it would be quite a shame if this kind of behaviour pervaded the sport.

This isn't streetball. Personally, I prefer it that way.

VaultLove
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultLove » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:05 am

We love this stuff!! It's exactly what the sport needs.

decanuck wrote:
uconnvaulta wrote:we need more of that on the net and on TV, polevault is a sport within a sport, its the most entertaining event , the premiere event.

While I'm aware the video was probably intended to be a light-hearted challenge between friends, I think it would be quite a shame if this kind of behaviour pervaded the sport.

MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:26 pm

decanuck wrote:

its not golf either
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

KLocke
PV Whiz

Unread postby KLocke » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Oh, you're dead wrong! It is indeed "street ball". Streetball is directly linked to urban culture and if you know anything about the Mt. SAC Relays, these two athletes clearly depict that very culture. Role models to aspiring pole vaulters.

Furthermore, streetball creates heroes. The message being sent is that the challenge will make a vaulting star. A lesson could be learned from streetball, as it generates many dollars of revenue because of it's core exsitence to include the entire culture. Though, you may not approve, it is what it is and it shall remain.

my .02 cent

decanuck wrote:This isn't streetball. Personally, I prefer it that way.
Last edited by KLocke on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyhigh0024
PV Beginner

Unread postby skyhigh0024 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:17 pm

KLocke wrote:Oh, you're dead wrong! It is indeed "street ball". Streetball is directly linked to urban culture and if you know anything about the Mt. SAC Relays, these two athletes clearly depict that very culture. Role models to aspiring pole vaulters.

Furthermore, streetball creates heroes. The message being sent is that the challenge will make a vaulting star. A lesson could be learned from streetball, as it generates many dollars of revenue because of it's core exsitence to include the entire culture.

my .02 cent

decanuck wrote:This isn't streetball. Personally, I prefer it that way.

Could not have said it any better! This is what pole vault needs is to reach out to not only the polevault community but to inspire others to take up the vault. This is a great idea to put butts in those seats and inspire a few kids.
No Struggle, No Progress

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:17 pm

decanuck wrote:

hahah im glad you personally prefer it that way, stuff like this makes life more exciting and fun, it was all in good fashion and was funny. lighten up. and there is nothing wrong with streetball or its culture because last time i checked streetball is on tv and is highly visible to the public eye, where is the vault?

maybe you prefer it that way but that doesnt bring any exposure to our sport which is by far one of the most exciting events in sports
Train Harder than your competition

htheodore
PV Whiz

Unread postby htheodore » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:41 pm

I like it! I got my $ on Toby all the way cause he is from Texas!!!

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”