FASTEST POLE VAULTER

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

~jj~
PV Whiz

cruley over 21'

Unread postby ~jj~ » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:01 pm

Tell Marty she should have been the first bald guy over 21'
~jj~ :P

eleazar
PV Fan
Lifetime Best: 19'2"
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

Unread postby eleazar » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:59 pm

I posted this quote and it is correct (or at least correct when I posted it.) The 100 had to be competed in a decath that scored around 7500. Next, since we don't have 100m times for all the vaulters you mentioned or any other speed measurements it is hard to say how fast they were running with a pole. This post never said that he was the fastest on the runaway it just said he was ONE of the fastest vaulters.
SO i'm pretty sure your quote isn't right

Now you have proven your lack of knowledge, so let me set you straight...in order to set an American record in the Decathlon all you have to score is 6000 pts...in order to set a World Record in the Decathlon all you have to score is 7000 pts...In Collegiate Decathlon, i do not think the stipulation is that you have to score "around 7500 pts"??? When I ran 10.46 it was a NCAA Qualifier Deca Score "around 7500pts" , My 10.47 5 days prior was also a NCAA Qualifying Score... Since the rest of what you claim is merely opinion, i will let that stand since everyone has right to there own opinion.

However,I do know why you think you right about what you claim as a fact, but i will let you figure out why you are wrong...

and Trey, my PR in the 1500m is 4:32.01, shoot me an email if you get a chance...rumor is your at Texas now?

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:28 pm

I swear Keenan King is faster than a pole than without one. I saw him run the open 100 at a meet in mesa this last summer and he didn't fair so well. 10.9 or so. He also has to be one of the scariest vaulters to watch also.......much fun!
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

vaultin chris
PV Pro
Expertise: (Almost) Elite?
Lifetime Best: 5.42
Favorite Vaulter: Everyone Who Vaults

Unread postby vaultin chris » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:36 pm

eleazar wrote:
I posted this quote and it is correct (or at least correct when I posted it.) The 100 had to be competed in a decath that scored around 7500...

Now you have proven your lack of knowledge, so let me set you straight...in order to set an American record in the Decathlon all you have to score is 6000 pts...in order to set a World Record in the Decathlon all you have to score is 7000 pts...In Collegiate Decathlon, i do not think ...

http://www.texassports.com/results/ncaa2004/040609F04101.htm

I'll let the source speak for itself, then you can attack them and not me...Furthermore I have done my research on this topic. If you want to further this diccussion, you can PM me.
Chris Smith
http://jumpchrisjump.com

~jj~
PV Whiz

100' pole run

Unread postby ~jj~ » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:46 pm

We have used the 100' pole run with a 30' running start for many years as a good measurment of speed.
In my opinion, many times 100m times do not correlate very well to pole carry times, since 100 m does envolve some endurance, and technical issues which are different from carrying a pole efficneitly.
I think the long jump is a slightly better indicator of pole vault potential than the 100m.
~jj~

C-townvault
PV Whiz

Unread postby C-townvault » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:23 pm

Does that mean if i face plant trying to long jump that i could be in trouble?

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Re: cruley over 21'

Unread postby vaultmd » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:09 pm

~jj~ wrote:Tell Marty she should have been the first bald guy over 21'
~jj~ :P

I'm gonna tell him you're calling him a bald she-man. He's gonna kick your a**! ;)

~jj~
PV Whiz

axx kicking and catagories

Unread postby ~jj~ » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:28 pm

Yea! I put face planting long jumpers and bald she-men in the same catagory. Catagoricaly speaking of course.
:dazed:
~jj~
p.s. looks like I'm getting an aXX kicking.

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

speed

Unread postby dj » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:59 am

russ

a few years ago i timed you in reno.. from the "mid" to takeoff.. you were the fastest i've timed.. as fast or faster than bubka..

dj

ps.. kris l. , womens coach at florida, was a sprinter at el paso.. pretty quick..

~jj~
PV Whiz

fast is good

Unread postby ~jj~ » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:28 am

...but its only part of the equation.
I ran several 10.5's back in the early '70's, and ran on a couple sub 40 relays, and long jumped 25' plus a couple times.
...But I only vaulted 18'4 because we were with out understanding
I think video tape changed all that.
~jan~

KentStatePV
PV Wannabe

Unread postby KentStatePV » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:31 pm

http://www.stitchtime.com/03-pv-emu/timinglights.htm

This is a link to a set up done by Eastern Michigan from a bunch of meets. It is set up with a bunch of "timing lights". more info is on this page. also, check out the speed on John Russel on the pages for the MAC meets! That dude is super fast!
Pete Reynolds

"Like surfing, for example, pole vaulting is a lifestyle. It's different than any other sport -- you're competing against guys, but they're also your best friends." - Dean Starkey

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover
Expertise: former college vaulter, Current college coach
Lifetime Best: 5.26
Favorite Vaulter: bubka

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:07 pm

That is pretty cool how would convert that to hand time? How much time would you add or takeoff???
On a whole new level 6-20-09

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”