former collegiate great making a comeback for '08

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:44 pm

BritDawg wrote:
achtungpv wrote:
Mitch wrote:Well it's hard to tell if achtungpv is sometimes just egging us on or if the numbers really mean something. If you haven't noticed, I think he has steered us in the wrong direction a few times.

The numbers absolutely are a clue to his identity. There's also a ton of other clues throughout this thread. I wonder if anybody can put them all together?

well if you're wanting people's theories, here's mine........

1+1+1/28= 3/28= March 28, +4 (days) = April 1st!
(2*3-1)/1= 5/1 = May 1st, -30 (days) = April 1st!

very nice. However, I am really going to be sad if someone were really NOT living the dream. I have faith.

LHSvaulter
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former High School Vaulter, Current College Vaulter, Huge Fan!
Lifetime Best: 13-6
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud Lavillenie

Unread postby LHSvaulter » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:17 pm

its gonna be such a huge freakin let down if this is a joke. But I'm with Lax PV-I have faith.
Here's some food for thought that you can take home and chew -maybe livinthedream2008 has an alias, meaning another profile that he posts under?

LivinTheDream2008
PV Newbie

Unread postby LivinTheDream2008 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:27 pm

what are these numbers you're talking about? i posted the LOST numbers, but don't see what any of you are talking about....
Livin' The Dream in 2008!
Follow along at http://livinthedream2008.blogspot.com

FreightTrain
PV Fan
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, occasional open competitor
Lifetime Best: 4.90 m

Unread postby FreightTrain » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:45 pm

AchtungPV wrote:
The numbers absolutely are a clue to his identity. There's also a ton of other clues throughout this thread. I wonder if anybody can put them all together?[/

Ok, since we're posting the clues, here's one: 92 is the total number of days until April 1. 31+29+30+1=92. Whatelse does anyone see?

As for the comment about who this really is, that's indeed who we should be focused on. Probably for some so they know who to string up by the "berries"(as one post called them).

BritDawg
PV Whiz
Expertise: Club Coach, Former High School Vaulter, Former College Vaulter, Current Vaulter

Unread postby BritDawg » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:51 pm

FreightTrain wrote:AchtungPV wrote:
The numbers absolutely are a clue to his identity. There's also a ton of other clues throughout this thread. I wonder if anybody can put them all together?[/

Ok, since we're posting the clues, here's one: 92 is the total number of days until April 1. 31+29+30+1=92. Whatelse does anyone see?

As for the comment about who this really is, that's indeed who we should be focused on. Probably for some so they know who to string up by the "berries"(as one post called them).

good job on that one! I've been trying to figure out how 92 fit!
Isaiah 40:31

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:52 pm

Mitch wrote:Well it's hard to tell if achtungpv is sometimes just egging us on or if the numbers really mean something.

One of these is true or maybe not.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

BritDawg
PV Whiz
Expertise: Club Coach, Former High School Vaulter, Former College Vaulter, Current Vaulter

Unread postby BritDawg » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:54 pm

LivinTheDream2008 wrote:what are these numbers you're talking about? i posted the LOST numbers, but don't see what any of you are talking about....

riiiiiight ;)
Isaiah 40:31

newPVer
PV Pro

Unread postby newPVer » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:01 pm

Found it. His name is Mr. John C

If you look at the numbers, 4 8 15 16 23 42, and match them with the letter coresponding to them in his origional post with the numbers

"no, I'm not Russell Johnson.

and yes, I was an All American prior to 1996, but I doubt you'd see my name in any of this weekends results. Unless I missed something, I haven't seen the results posted anywhere."

you get m r j o h n c

His name is Mr. John C and I rest my case.
PR- 15-1
Great season, time to top it

SlickVT
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, College Coach, High School Coach

Unread postby SlickVT » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:03 pm

achtungpv wrote:The numbers are legitimate. :yes:

LivinTheDream2008 wrote:what are these numbers you're talking about? i posted the LOST numbers, but don't see what any of you are talking about....

This is dumb... we are all going to feel really stupid come April 1st...
Last edited by SlickVT on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vertical Technique Pole Vault Club
Blacksburg, Virginia
verticaltechnique.com

FreightTrain
PV Fan
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, occasional open competitor
Lifetime Best: 4.90 m

Unread postby FreightTrain » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:05 pm

One of the other clues (that I now notice is gone) was something to the effect that "if we don't learn from history we're destined to repeat it again". Well for those on this Board that have been around for awhile (and PVDad2 seems to get it), there was an AF joke a few years ago about Bubka making a comeback. I say figure out who was behind that one and you got the identity of this guy/gal.
Last edited by FreightTrain on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SlickVT
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, College Coach, High School Coach

Unread postby SlickVT » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:07 pm

And I also find it interesting that Becca, the only person who can ping IP addresses has stayed curiously out of this topic...

Becca... any input? I know you wouldn't tell a lie! :yes:
Vertical Technique Pole Vault Club

Blacksburg, Virginia

verticaltechnique.com

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:27 pm

Problem is.... we already called him on lieing. He got upset. If he really is lieing and said he isnt, thats cheating. Not fair.

I hope its a joke because if he is getting a divorce for following his dream that is a really sad story, i hope for this guys sake it is!

I cant really understand the original logic now though.... "i want to remain anonymous so that no one will pay attention to me" ?? Now people care more about how you are than tim mack and toby s!
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”