Mobile Senior Pole Vaulter Killed

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

southpolevaultzx
PV Beginner

Mobile Senior Pole Vaulter Killed

Unread postby southpolevaultzx » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:56 am

I talked to my coach about her, and she was vaulting on a 14' 150lbs just last week; she was in a car accident because of the dense fog we had in Mobile this past weekend.

http://www.legacy.com/mobile/LegacySubP ... d=16206165
'Hey, what do you vault?'

'11', 11'6", it varies'

---What does it take to win? Lots of Dr.Pepper!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:04 am

:(

http://www.legacy.com/mobile/LegacySubP ... d=16206165

Kaitlin Marie Overstreet

Miss Kaitlin Marie Overstreet-- A native and lifelong resident of Mobile, AL died Sunday, January 1, 2006. Kaitlin was a senior at McGill-Toolen Catholic High School where she lettered as a pole vaulter and member of the varsity track team, was an honor student and played basketball her freshman and sophomore year. She was a member of the Mobile Azalea Trail Maids, listed Who's Who among American High School Students, was a student ambassador and was voted most valuable player on the Track Team her sophomore year. Kaitlin received Congressional Nomination to the U. S. Naval Academy from Congressman Jo Bonner and received scholarship offers from Spring Hill College and the University of Alabama -Birmingham. She was preceded in death by her paternal grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Harry (Minna Marie) Overstreet and her maternal grandfather, VanCleave Koppersmith, Sr. She is survived by her mother, Karen Koppersmith, of Mobile, AL; her father, Kent (Raisa) Overstreet, of Pensacola, FL; one sister, Katherine Elizabeth Koppersmith, of Mobile, AL; her maternal grandmother, Mrs. VanCleave (Norma) Koppersmith, Sr., of Mobile, AL; her uncles, Mr. and Mrs. VanCleave (Ginger) Koppersmith, Jr, of Mobile, AL and Dr. and Mrs. Dan (Ginger) Koppersmith, of Houston, TX; her great-aunt, Sara Greaub; her great-uncle, Mr. and Mrs. Herman (Maxine) Vinson; her cousins, Mr. and Mrs. Brad (Nicki) Dean, of Madison, MS, VanCleave Koppersmith, III and Heath Koppersmith; and other relatives and many close friends. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:30 A. M. on Wednesday, January 4, 2006 from Corpus Christi Catholic Church. The family will receive friends from 9 A. M. until 11:30 A. M. on Wednesday at Corpus Christi Catholic Church. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to McGill-Toolen Catholic High School. Funeral arrangements by RADNEY FUNERAL HOME, Dauphin Street Extension, Mobile, Alabama 36606.
Published in the Mobile Register on 1/3/2006.

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:29 am

Sorry to hear about that. :( Her family shall be in my prayers.
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

russvault
PV Whiz
Lifetime Best: 19'1"
Favorite Vaulter: Dana Ellis-Buller

Unread postby russvault » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:03 pm

My prayers go to her family and friends!

Russ

polevaulter08nw
PV Master
Expertise: College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 5.40
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud Lavillinie

Unread postby polevaulter08nw » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:50 pm

im sorry, thats really sad
PR: 5.40
Indiana University '13
University of North Carolina '12

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”