Bell Athletics?

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

sdvaulter06
PV Nerd

Bell Athletics?

Unread postby sdvaulter06 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:49 pm

I am wondering about Bell Athletic's! I am from South Dakota and Bell Athletics is close to 1,500 miles from my town. The cost for the camp is $400 for 4 days! Does anyone know if that includes Room and Board? I am considering going down, but I'm only a 13' vaulter and am a little leary on spending that kind of money (Transportation will be a big price). Any further input on Bell Athletics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Lance

*TigerVault*
PV Whiz
Location: Mckendree College in Lebanon, IL - Hometown: Herrin, IL

Unread postby *TigerVault* » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:53 pm

They feed u at the camp and u sleep on the pits...when i went we got a free t-shirt also....YAY! And when i went we had a range of people who just started the sport and guys who were jumpin around 13'.
Go Dawgs! Woof! Woof! - SIU Salukis

RidinHigh
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter/Still Jumping
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby RidinHigh » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:54 pm

Bell Athletics is a great camp and well worth your trip and money. Thye will feed you well, and they will have places for you to sleep. If you are heading down in the summer you may want to bring some bug spray because the masquito's can pick you up and carry you away down there. A box fan can also help to keep them off of you at night! But to answer the question that does include room and board, Not to mention the great information and good times you will have. Don't worrya bout your height because there will beginers and there will be some more advanced vaulters there also. Have a great time and maybe I'll see ya there!
Pole Vault Explosion- July 4th, 2009 St. Charles, Missouri
PoleVaultExplosion.com

TVVAcoach
PV Fan

Unread postby TVVAcoach » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:20 pm

Hey sdvaulter, we just returned...literally got in last night, from another GREAT trip to Bell. We travel from California to Jonesboro as often as we can, because YES it is worth it. If you need a few pictures, check out our website. We posted pictures from our trip last summer - I haven't gotten around to updating the website today with new pics!

http://www.trivalleyvault.com/Pages/Bel ... lCamp.html

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:58 pm

TVVAcoach wrote:Hey sdvaulter, we just returned...literally got in last night, from another GREAT trip to Bell. We travel from California to Jonesboro as often as we can, because YES it is worth it. If you need a few pictures, check out our website. We posted pictures from our trip last summer - I haven't gotten around to updating the website today with new pics!

http://www.trivalleyvault.com/Pages/Bel ... lCamp.html

Those pics from last year are really cute!

BigStick Club
PV Nerd

Unread postby BigStick Club » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:02 pm

2 kids from a team I vault with went last year and came back so much improved I'm going this year.

I'll probably go the August date...

sdvaulter, I don't know how flying affects you, but when I'm going, I'm going to fly out of Billings (MT) to Memphis (I think), then take the shuttle down. A round trip ticket was just about $400 which, for me, is a lot cheaper than driving down worry-wise, gas, and hotels.

sdvaulter06
PV Nerd

Unread postby sdvaulter06 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:25 pm

Hey Thanks for the Pictures! They are pretty cool! Yeh How far is Memphis from Jonesboro? I was planning on going in like August too! Give me some time to make up a little more money! My parents made two $275 payments already and I have to make one more $270 one. They aren't for polevaulting though! They are for a church trip to Atlanta for NCYC (National Catholic Youth Conference)! Does it have later dates for camps after summer? I play basketball from December to March so that isn't a good time! Thanks again! Lance

BigStick Club
PV Nerd

Unread postby BigStick Club » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:14 pm

I don't think they have camps after the summer, but Becca or someone else might know more.

What's really cool is that once you get out of the airport in Memphis you can take a shuttle all the way to the camp. If you go to http://www.bellathletics.com and click on 'Camps' it's got pretty much all you need to know.

I think it's going to be pretty awesome and can't wait!

Hope this helps (and to see you there),

Nicole

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:26 pm

They do some fall camps and some big Christmas camps and spring camps and summer camps... pretty much all year :)

sdvaulter06
PV Nerd

Unread postby sdvaulter06 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:26 pm

How much do you think this will cost total? $400 for the camp and $400 for the plane ticket, anything else I'm forgetting? I know incidentals and things! Thanks lance

sdvaulter06
PV Nerd

Unread postby sdvaulter06 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:27 pm

Becca, Do you know if they have dates for there other camps? Thanks lance

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:32 pm

sdvaulter06 wrote:Becca, Do you know if they have dates for there other camps? Thanks lance

Whatever is on the website is what they have, but if you call and talk to Dub or Gary they can tell you if any fall dates have been set yet.

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”