Summer Clinic

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

PV Wannabe

Unread postby 95 » Mon May 16, 2005 12:07 am

The best time for me is July 24th or later.

ladyvolspvcoach
PV Follower

summer clinic

Unread postby ladyvolspvcoach » Mon May 16, 2005 3:52 pm

The best time for me is July 24th or later.

We'll determine the dates no later than next week.[/quote]

CrossBarHOpper
PV Pro

Unread postby CrossBarHOpper » Mon May 16, 2005 5:32 pm

is there overnight stay or is it just come and go??
hey guys! Abe Lincoln?
Sophmore PR 14'6"

ladyvolspvcoach
PV Follower

clinic

Unread postby ladyvolspvcoach » Mon May 16, 2005 5:49 pm

When we post the dates and times, we'll give you a link to the local hotels. There are a lot nearby and many near the campus. The format will allow for a one day event working specifically on the runup and ALL facets of that phase of the vault (for athletes and coaches) and the following day to actually use the steps, mids, and take-off locations determined the previous day!

ladyvolspvcoach
PV Follower

summer clinic

Unread postby ladyvolspvcoach » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:29 pm

Our Summer clinic has been scheduled on June 29th here on the University of Tennessee Tom Black Track. That is during the USATF Youth Outdoor Championships. Tim Mack's coach, Jim Bemiller is doing a class room presentation for coaches. Dave Johnston and I are doing an on track clinic showing coaches and athletes how to understand the relationship between grip height, take-off, mids and starting marks and how to obtain their mids, take-off and starting marks specific for each athlete. The athlete will go home with specific information about what their take-off, mid and starting marks are for 5,7 and/or 9 lefts. For further details and registration information PM me through this board.

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:53 pm

i would like to add that this will not only be the best "How to run fast with the pole and Plant" (correctly) session.... you will ever, ever have a chance to participate in... but it will be the best session on how to SPRINT correctly ...and fast ...that you have seen or viewed on tape...

i promise..

so you football coaches that want to have faster players should come also...

and pole vaulters, yes, you will be on the runway jumping with your new and fast run...

i did some sessions last week at Bell Athletics that has gotten me fired up for knoxville..

dj

ps.. those that have been to one of my sessions... know they are HIGH energy...
Come out of the back... Get your feet down... Plant big

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”