Seminole Track and Field Camp

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Seminole Track and Field Camp

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:59 am

http://www.seminoletrackcamp.com/

Each year the track and field coaching staff of Florida State University Host the Seminole Track and Field Camps. The camps are conducted on the beautiful campus of Florida State University in the capitol city of Tallahassee, Florida.

The Seminole Track and Field Camp is a complete track and field camp. The camp is designed to meet the needs of the individual camper. The camp is divided into event areas Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps, Throws, and Pole Vault. Campers can stay in one event area or move from area to area during the four- day camp. Coaches will work one on one with each camper to insure a quality learning experience while at camp.

Pole Vault: The pole vault is increasing in popularity every year. However there are few places where one can learn the proper way to perform the event. Qualified coaches will teach the Vault. Each part of the vault will be covered in great detail.

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:29 pm

I am going to help out with the camp, so is my good vaulting friend Beast, aka Matt Hurley. This camp is going to be lots of fun!! :D
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

toki
PV Nerd

Unread postby toki » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:37 pm

Man, i wish i knew about that earlier. I would totally have gone, since i am applying to next year. In hopes to vault there.. this would have been a good opportunity. but.. I am leaving for Bell's tomorrow, and during Seminole camp I will be doing a camp in orlando.. so i don't really have time for that. :( ... have fuN!!
Its not just about working hard.. its about thinking hard too.

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:05 pm

Sad news: :(

The pole vault section of the FSU t&f camp will not be held this year. Something about the ncaa bylaws that will not allow Matt "The Beast" Hurley to coach at this camp! Sorry to have to announce this.
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”