Dominique Robles 11'...Kris Allison is the MAN!!

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Texas

Moderator: achtungpv

eleazar
PV Fan
Lifetime Best: 19'2"
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

Dominique Robles 11'...Kris Allison is the MAN!!

Unread postby eleazar » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:13 pm

I have meant to comment on this for a few days now...I am not sure what school all these girls go to, I think Hays down in Texas but they now have 3 freshmen girls that have jumped 11' or higher...
Dominique at 11', Bailey Holmes at 11', and the #1 fresman in the country Jessica Doyle at 12'6"
I don't know for sure, but that has to be the best group of freshman girls anywhere...ever!

So that makes Kris Allison officially "The Man"...I think it should be his new nickname...or just "the" for short...

Congrats to these determined young ladies, I see big things in the future for all of them

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:16 pm

What's especially impressive about Dom jumping 11', is that she is only 4'11" tall! :eek:

Vault&Flip
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach

Unread postby Vault&Flip » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:28 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:What's especially impressive about Dom jumping 11', is that she is only 4'11" tall! :eek:

School record holder for girls at my high school was 5'0 and she jumped 12'. Good Job Kris.

BritDawg
PV Whiz
Expertise: Club Coach, Former High School Vaulter, Former College Vaulter, Current Vaulter

Unread postby BritDawg » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:11 pm

This is an amazing group of girls, and I have had the priviledge of working with them a few times, but there is no way they could be doing what they're doing without Kris ("the man" haha). He puts everything he has into this sport and more so, into every kid that he coaches (which is close to 100!) He eats, sleeps and breathes pole vaulting and does everything he knows how to make each kid the best they can possibly be! His knowledge of the sport is absolutely INSANE!! It's also amazing to see such young girls so dedicated to this wonderful sport, and therefore doing SO WELL!!! I'm excited to get to be a part of this group again!
Isaiah 40:31

PVJESS08
PV Whiz

Unread postby PVJESS08 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:32 pm

Yes Kris is definitely THE man! He is awesome and I couldnt say it better than Brit has, so ditto ditto!

And Brit - Welcome home girl! :yes: It's gonna be GREAT!

belmore
PV Pro

Unread postby belmore » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:42 pm

Kris is with out a doubt the "man", his girls are also without a doubt vaulters. Those girls are kicking butt. Especially that little Dom, I think Becca was stretching it when she credited her at being four feet eleven, that girl would fit in your pocket. Good job Kris, good job ladies.
compete and jump safe, have fun

highflyingchick
PV Newbie

Unread postby highflyingchick » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:54 pm

Hey Dominique here,
Just had to comment that yes Kris is "The Man" lol, without him none of us could be nearly as talented as we are. He is an amazing coach that is very dedicated to his work and very excited to coach all of his athletes. All 3 of us (Hays freshmen) have learned a great deal from Kris. Without Kris we would not be where we are today!!! ;)

blakedow
PV Nerd

Unread postby blakedow » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:15 am

I would like to officially congratulate the midget world record holder, Dom!!! Now I dont know if I would go so far as to say that Kris is "the man," or even "the"... j/k... Kris is an awesome coach who happened to be blessed with three of the most talented freshman girl vaulters in the nation, not to leave out his many other athletes that are lighting up the scoreboard. Kris has a great system and when executed properly is, in my opinion, the most effective. I'm not just saying this because i am on his payroll, well, that influences me a little, but I am also an athlete and my PR improved nearly two feet in less than a year(before I broke), so he must be doing something right...
4.75... Write THAT down...

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Mon May 02, 2005 10:36 pm

Wow - just saw this thread for the first time. Don't quite know what to say except THANKS!

I think y'all give me too much credit though - the credit should go to everyone here, including these incredibly talented and motivated kids that I coach who teach me as much as I teach them, Daniel Ryland and the Bell Athletics crew for their help and influence over the years, and most importantly, Brian Elmore (belmore) for convincing me that I should start coaching and build my own club - I've learned a lot from Brian, and a lot from these kids. It's been a fun ride these first 5 years, and this is only the beginning!

Thanks again everyone!

Kris

Lone Star :star:
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Tue May 03, 2005 7:03 am

:yes: :D :) ;) :star:
keep them coming...thanks for showing what a good heart, knowledge and a lot of hard work can do...
Come out of the back... Get your feet down... Plant big

Return to “Texas”