I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Your Webmaster needs meets to jump in!

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:25 pm

OK I am really frustrated...

This weekend there are meets at Georgia Tech and Clemson, two schools very close to here. I can't get into either one! Coach called and they say they are closed meets. I couldn't even jump in our home meet last weekend because it was an SEC 4-way meet :(

So if anybody has a meet for me to jump in between now and mid May let me know! My only meet I have scheduled for sure is a home meet May 3rd.

Call me, PM me, respond to this... whatever. I am open to suggestions!

Update: I am jumping at Albany State in Albany, GA this weekend :P
Last edited by rainbowgirl28 on Sun May 04, 2003 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vaultguru6
PV Pro

Unread postby vaultguru6 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:31 pm

sorry i can't help you, but i kinda have the same question so i figure i'll post it here too.

I'm redshirting my outdoor season at University of Oregon this year and I'm looking for some meets to jump in around here too. Maybe at WOU, Clackamas, or Lane? If you guys know what meets are open for UNAT's anywhere in Oregon please post. Thanks.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:40 pm

vaultguru6 wrote:sorry i can't help you, but i kinda have the same question so i figure i'll post it here too.

I'm redshirting my outdoor season at University of Oregon this year and I'm looking for some meets to jump in around here too. Maybe at WOU, Clackamas, or Lane? If you guys know what meets are open for UNAT's anywhere in Oregon please post. Thanks.

Yeah you should have lots of options up in the NW... check the school website of every school you are willing to drive to. If they have a meet that fits your schedule give them a call and see if you can jump... I have found that if you mention that you are willing to pay a meet entry fee they are a bit more obliging ;)

And hey you should come up to WA sometime this summer and jump in the Seattle International or one of our lovely beach vaults! :idea:

Tigerrrpv
PV Beginner

meets

Unread postby Tigerrrpv » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:10 pm

There is a meet at Samford in Birmingham the same week as penn relays I think it is like 3 weeks away. I think there is a meet at troy state this weekend or next. I dunno how far you wanna drive but from Athens, Birmingham is like 2.5 hours and troy will be like 4. Oh it was nice meeting you at the meet I wasn't very social I know but i no heighted so I was a little angry. We(Auburn) will have an open meet on May 4th I think it is a sunday. If I hear of more I'll post them here for ya.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: meets

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:29 pm

Tigerrrpv wrote:There is a meet at Samford in Birmingham the same week as penn relays I think it is like 3 weeks away. I think there is a meet at troy state this weekend or next. I dunno how far you wanna drive but from Athens, Birmingham is like 2.5 hours and troy will be like 4. Oh it was nice meeting you at the meet I wasn't very social I know but i no heighted so I was a little angry. We(Auburn) will have an open meet on May 4th I think it is a sunday. If I hear of more I'll post them here for ya.

Thanks! We have a home meet the 3rd, but I just might consider jumping in your meet on the 4th.

And that's OK if you weren't chatty... I understand :)

vaultguru6
PV Pro

Unread postby vaultguru6 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:41 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:And hey you should come up to WA sometime this summer and jump in the Seattle International or one of our lovely beach vaults! :idea:

although a washington beach vault sounds fun....i'm still waiting for the one and only original beach vault in Santa Barbra to come back. Stupid Stacy had to go off and jump 2 world records there taking $150 K breaking the bank of the beach vault. thanks stacy ;) . but if i can make the Pan Am junior team i'll need some big summer meets to jump in, so i'll keep it in mind.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:49 pm

You should think about the Seattle International. Last year it was really good. Matt Philips jumped 18'6" and I think Brad Walker and Dave Lemen both jumped 17'6". It is around mid-June. :idea:

tiki man
PV Beginner

Unread postby tiki man » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:01 pm

From reading your post you are a student in athens but are from and therefore spend time out west---I do not know if you will be in athens this summer or not, but emory universtiy in atlanta (about an hour drive) has open meets in the summers and it is something like two dollars. Just a fun event not really competitive and it also has all levels competing.
tiki man

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:07 am

tiki man wrote:From reading your post you are a student in athens but are from and therefore spend time out west---I do not know if you will be in athens this summer or not, but emory universtiy in atlanta (about an hour drive) has open meets in the summers and it is something like two dollars. Just a fun event not really competitive and it also has all levels competing.

You are correct... I go to UGA (I have to redshirt this year) but I am from Seattle. I will be home all summer... I can compete 2-3 times a week if I want there. I want meets now though :( It looks better if I PR during the season than at "some summer meet".

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Places to jump

Unread postby vaultmd » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:42 pm

Webmaster Babe:

The USATF web site has links to the association web sites. Depending on the association, they can be gold mines of meet schedules.

I don't know how far you are willing to travel, but the Woody Wilson Relays at UC Davis is on the same Saturday as Mt Sac (April 19) and is a way better place to jump for the girls.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Places to jump

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:53 pm

vaultmd wrote:I don't know how far you are willing to travel, but the Woody Wilson Relays at UC Davis is on the same Saturday as Mt Sac (April 19) and is a way better place to jump for the girls.

I am too poor to travel that far, and more importantly, I can't miss any more English classes (already missed 2 for indoor meets) and those are 9:05am Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

This summer is another story! :)

GPvaulter
PV Newbie

Unread postby GPvaulter » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:11 pm

If you are willing to drive FSU :no: has a couple of home meets this outdoor season check out fsusports.com i believe there is a meet next weekend there. April 11-12? I am also looking for meets to go to i am redshirting at UF right now.
Bigger, Longer, Stiffer..............Higher!

Return to “Pole Vault - College”