Colwick 5.72 at Texas relays

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

SlickVT
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, College Coach, High School Coach

Re: Colwick 5.72 at Texas relays

Unread postby SlickVT » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:45 am

I have nightmares about scotty dogs with collars.

Bad news.
Vertical Technique Pole Vault Club
Blacksburg, Virginia
verticaltechnique.com

marshall
PV Nerd
Expertise: Current College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.70
Favorite Vaulter: Scott Roth

Unread postby marshall » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:55 am

his double leg swing is the most insane thing i've ever seen in my life. i've seen it before with high school vaulters but man he has guts to plant that far out and just jump into it with both legs like that. thats just insane.

i saw him at the UCLA invitational on saturday. he blew out 17'1" from like 4 lefts...

2-15-46
PV Pro

Unread postby 2-15-46 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:22 am

David Butler wrote:Jason held at 4.90 on a 5.00 15.5, 15.0, and 14.7 or 14.5 if I remember right. This higher handhold and move to 5.00 poles is a result of his consistency on the 4.90 poles with a 15'10" grip. It is his great commitment to improving, his willingness to do whatever we require, his trust his coaches, that has brought him into the world of elite pole vaulting. I no longer call him "alien" because he has matured into a focused, hard-driving athlete, never satisfied, always seeking perfection. Rather than alien, I call him "unique", gifted, and "one of a kind! It is 2 and half years of hard work, 1000's of repetitions of straight pole work, drills, exercises, and much more, that has brought him to the edges of greatness. In 30 years of coaching, I have never seen one like him. And, if you saw him over 5.60 and 5.72, you know that he is ready for more! There is a quote given to me by a great mentor, "Some see, many understand, but very few grind away at correctness." This is Jason. Watch out! A new nickname for him, spoken to me from a face in the crowd....... "the human trebuchet" David Butler

A befitting descrption.....that sums up the style very well!!
Bob

Return to “Pole Vault - College”