Who is transferring? Retiring?

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

SNS
PV Wannabe

Unread postby SNS » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:28 pm

Adam Hahne (16'2 Mckendrie College), transfered to North Central College, last January.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:33 pm

http://www.hokiesports.com/track/recaps ... 23aaa.html

Women's Track and Field adds pole vaulter
Birnbaum transfers to Virginia Tech from Arkansas State
July 23, 2007
BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech women's track and field staff has announced the addition of pole vaulter Elise Birnbaum, a transfer from Arkansas State. She will enroll as a sophomore at Tech in the fall of 2007.
Birnbaum won the bronze medal at the Sun Belt Conference Indoor Championships and silver at the outdoor championships during her freshman season with the Indians. Her personal best height is 3.735m (12'3"). Birnbaum attended Winter Park High School, where she had a personal-best vault of 12'0", which ranked as the second-highest vault in the state of Florida.
Birnbaum is the daughter of Mark and Erica Birnbaum of Orlando, Fla. The visual communication design major earned a 3.9 GPA in her first year at ASU.
"(Birnbaum) is an excellent athlete with solid fundamentals in the vault," pole vault coach Bob Phillips said. "She has the ability to contribute at the conference level immediately and the potential to become a national level competitor. We are fortunate to have her joining our program."

vaultwest
PV Whiz
Expertise: college coach, masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.70m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaultwest » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:01 pm

Erika Stratton from Bend Oregon the 2007 NWAAC champ and Lane Commnity College school record holder at 11'11.25" is transfering and has earned a scholarship to vault at Eastern Washington University for the 2007-2008 school year.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:38 pm

http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/athletics/n ... rticle.php

K-State makes it official for Puma vaulter

Kansas State University Wildcats announced that they have officially signed Nancy Piazza to their 07-08 Track & Field roster. Nancy, a three time NJCAA National Champion in the pole vault for PVCC will be joining 23 other recruits at the Big 12 Conference school.

Piazza began attending PVCC in the fall of 2005 after graduating from Centennial HS. While at Centennial she earned the 2005 state championship title in the pole vault. Nancy’s collegiate national titles were earned in the 2006 Indoor and Outdoor Track & Field seasons, as well as the 2007 Indoor Track & Field season. Her PR is a 12-01.00 clearance.

For more information please see the Wildcat news release at www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?S ... LID=942416

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:56 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:Jake Winder is transferring from Alabama to North Central.

yikes d3... THATS what i like to see. :yes:

BDvault06
PV Wannabe

Unread postby BDvault06 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:47 pm

i REALLY need to transfer .. i'm at a school w/ an excellent track, but no team !!
i'm lookin into it though

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:39 pm

BDvault06 wrote:i REALLY need to transfer .. i'm at a school w/ an excellent track, but no team !!
i'm lookin into it though

Keep in mind that even though your school does not sponsor track, you'll still have to get a release from your athletic department to talk to other schools.

Return to “Pole Vault - College”