JOCK JUMP

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

UFDeca
PV Beginner

Unread postby UFDeca » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:02 pm

just out the pics tagged to me from other peoples albums there are tons from jock jump this year and previous years

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:36 am

I really want to see what you guys are talking about
Just you wait...

SteveMesler
PV Newbie

Unread postby SteveMesler » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:04 pm

I am very proud to see that the guys and girls down at UF have kept this going. I hope you all realize it has now been 10 years of Jock Jumping! That's great. When we started it, we were certain we would have it last through our graduation, but were not sure what would become of it after that. I love that people are still coming down for it and that the entire Pole Vault community can discuss it. It has taken a long time for it to develop and become this popular, so good job to everyone down there for keeping it alive!

Good luck to everyone in the upcoming indoor season, Go Gators!

Steve Mesler
UF '00
"Do or do not, there is no try."

UFDeca
PV Beginner

Unread postby UFDeca » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:24 pm

haha thanks for starting the tradition man, this is one of the events that i look forward to each year along with the naked relays which are also still in effect. If you have aim send me a message at MichaelSarbon if you want to see some pics from this years jock jump.

the brain
PV Newbie

Unread postby the brain » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:32 pm

I am also very glad to see that this tradition has continued for so long. I can't completely remember how many of us there were when we started in that very chilly November day but I think it was around 8-10 of us, I would have to take a look at the picture. We started with nothing but a bunch of cheerful drunken guys that had no idea what kind of publicity this would bring. It turns out that the first year we had somewhere around 75-100 people out to watch. Imagine that 75-100 people come out after the UF/FSU game to watch a bunch of dudes in Jock Straps. Probably one of the coolest moments to know we had started something that we knew would last atleast for the 5 years we were in school. When the girls entered my Junior or Senior year, man what a difference maker. Our audience grew to more than double the first year with that addition. If you haven't made it down to Gainesville the weekend before Thanksgiving or the home game of the UF/FSU game, to watch this event you missing. If you haven't competed in this glorious event you aren't quite living yet. There is nothing like scrapping ice off the pit to jump. AND yes even in Florida it gets that cold sometimes. To all that were in the beginning, The Northern Michigan Nightmare, Lawerence J, Cuban Missle, The Missle, Lambchops, Beef, Scott, Harry a**, and the Russian Stallion, I hope all is well and continue to be that Dirt a** Vaulters that we were. If you want to take a look at the website that Steve originally did check it out at http://www.geocities.com/stevemes29/ . We had a great time doing it and it is great to hear that it still goes on. Peace out becuase the Brain is always on vacation!!!!!

Riley

Return to “Pole Vault - College”